Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked my car up, and I'm not happy :(

The DAB doesn't work. There's no signal on ANY station.

And then, the volume control on the steering wheel stopped working.

So, I'd had the car less than an hour, and it's already booked into the service dept.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Just a thought:
You haven't muted the radio have you? - Pressing the steering wheel volume control mutes the radio. Press it again to 'unmute'
With DAB it took a little while for mine to scan and sort out what was available, even then finding how to listen to some of the local stations throught he DAB menus took me a while. Try a re-scan.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh bugger.... but as steve says check its not muted. Also i've just been sat outside and had a mini panic as my volume control stopped working too. I thing the steering wheel times out when the ignition isn't on. I switched the ignition to the first step and it started working again....
did yours stop working whilst out and running, or whilst playing in the driveway??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not muted, as everything else is working. The stations display the out of coverage symbol next to them. I reckon the aerial is not connected properly.

As for the volume. It was working, then I had stopped and was playing, and it was still working. Then I started driving again, and it wasn't working.

·
Registered
442 Posts
aww sorry to hear that , hope they sort it ok for you

·
Registered
208 Posts
Picked mine up today. Had the iphone linked through the connector in glove box. The music I was playing muted just 20 seconds after I pulled out of the dealership. Didn't want to go back looking stupid and nothing I could do would get the sound back. Went for plan B which was to load my SD card. The music on that works fine. No problems with random muting. Haven't tried to play the music again through Iphone. There is no need because the SD card is so good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is the iPhone going into standby when the music mutes? May have something to do with your settings on iPhone?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have just had a new problem..The Handbrake leather cover just came off in my hand and can now be easily slid off. I have contacted audi and i am alittle pissed off at this. Surely something like this should be better..Wonder if i can get them to give me an ipod cable to say sorry ;)

Will keep people posted.

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Regarding the iPhone muting. If you connect to the ami before the Bluetooth has connected to the phone the music will mute. You have to wait until the phone connects before connecting to ami. I just wait until my phone contact list comes up on dash display and then I connect the iPhone with the ami lead. Think it's a design fault and this is the only way I have found to rectify it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would not say I am disappointed, I too however have a Faulty Steering Wheel Volume control.

The Mute (Click) works fine, However the up/down volume adjustment on the steering wheel does not work at all.

So long as the control on the stereo itself continues working no biggie, just a minor annoyance.

Regards

Craig

A1 Sport
1.6 TDi

Galway (Ireland)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use my iPhone through blue tooth and it works fine. But you do have to wait for it to connect throu the ami first. If you can't hear anything try turning up the volume on you iPhone once it's connected. That usually sorts the problem. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
146 Posts
partycoach said:
Regarding the iPhone muting. If you connect to the ami before the Bluetooth has connected to the phone the music will mute. You have to wait until the phone connects before connecting to ami. I just wait until my phone contact list comes up on dash display and then I connect the iPhone with the ami lead. Think it's a design fault and this is the only way I have found to rectify it. Hope that helps.
If you switch Bluetooth audio player off in the MMI you won't get this problem. I hardly ever use bluetooth audio player as I always use AMI so it's no loss and easy enough to switch it back on.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Hi, Well sorry to hear of your problems already. Just speak to the dealer, I am sure they will do all they can to help you with as little inconvenience as possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts