Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow..... The car looks unbelievable with the black styling pack and the privacy glass.....:). One thing I didn't expect was the note of the engine. Definitely much deeper than the normal 1.4. Brilliant..... Then the drive..... The salesman was itching to go out in it so we went for a 30 mile round trip and it surprised me so much. I have driven a regular 1.4 and a tmc 1.4 and they don't even begin to compare with the drive of the 185. I thkught it would but I was so wrong. This is the most fun car I have ever driven and from 30-60 I am pretty sure it's the fastest. Going to break in the engine nicely before having lots of fun.

Thanks to all who gave advice as I did buy the car withoutdriving one but that was the biggest surprise ever this morning. Didn't expect it to be anywhere bear that quick without revving it too hard. The supercharger definitely makes all the difference.

Will post some pics ASAP. Anyone out there who has ordered a 185. Prepare to be blown away when you get it!!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
spot on... glad to hear your impressed with it! remember to not get too carried away in the first few thousand miles!

·
Registered
305 Posts
p.s PHOTOS!!!! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope your not blasting it around the Belfast area ;) it would put mine to shame lol.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sales guy said modern engines don't need to be broken in but I think that was because he had never been in one before and he wassitting beside me. Lol. A nice touch I have just noticed are the italic dials.....shame that's the only difference apart from the supercharger lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol 11fires. No. Decided to take a detour to lisburn from the dealers via Bangor newtownards banbridge areas. Lol. Belfast is tomorrow. :). Funny. I have got much more looks in this car than I ever did in my a4 and it was 15k dearer......

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Besides. No matter how fast my car is my bum will always be cold whereas yours will be toastie warm....:) lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
HAHA! You know how the weather is here most of the time. I love these heated seats, shame its actually not as cold compared to usual, so won't be using them much until winter or at least when it gets colder. Though the warm weather is good, makes me want to go driving a lot more! :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
rghealth said:
All I can say is wow..... The car looks unbelievable with the black styling pack and the privacy glass.....:). One thing I didn't expect was the note of the engine. Definitely much deeper than the normal 1.4. Brilliant..... Then the drive..... The salesman was itching to go out in it so we went for a 30 mile round trip and it surprised me so much. I have driven a regular 1.4 and a tmc 1.4 and they don't even begin to compare with the drive of the 185. I thkught it would but I was so wrong. This is the most fun car I have ever driven and from 30-60 I am pretty sure it's the fastest. Going to break in the engine nicely before having lots of fun.

Thanks to all who gave advice as I did buy the car withoutdriving one but that was the biggest surprise ever this morning. Didn't expect it to be anywhere bear that quick without revving it too hard. The supercharger definitely makes all the difference.

Will post some pics ASAP. Anyone out there who has ordered a 185. Prepare to be blown away when you get it!!!!
I did the same thing; bought it without trying it yet! Have only tried the Polo GTI and if that's anything to go by, I sure am excited! :D

Pictures please!

And what's this about the Italic dials?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yeah pictures!!! Waiting on glacier but may change, still think glacier maybe too in your face

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Bartlett88 said:
Yeah pictures!!! Waiting on glacier but may change, still think glacier maybe too in your face
Sell out!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I no i no...not a defo just an option. Has there been any follow up to paibt issues yet ?

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The numbers on the dials are in italics like the s3 s4 and s5. :).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sounds like a fun time in the new A1.

Dont forget the pictures, some of us dont have their A1 yet

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Oh yeah and picturesssss!

·
Registered
67 Posts
jollyretard said:
spookuk said:
Enjoy it, I test drove a 185 (3hrs ish) and ordered one, but I am waiting for 1st Sept for pickup even though its build week 31. http://a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2758
3 hours on a test drive?
Yep, just the wife and me. We were offered the car for 24 hours if we wanted.
We had previously bought a TT coupe stronic and TTS Roadster stronic off the same sales executive (SE) (dealer is 25 miles away) and as we were downsizing we wanted to be sure of our future purchase. Therefore we went on roads that we knew well to see how the car handled and drove and what the MPG was going to be like.

We had driven the A1 122 stronic a month earlier but in that short drive both my wife and I wanted a little more grunt
(is that the word) therefore we asked the SE to advise when an 185 would be available in group to try, one became available and we booked a three hour slot.

·
Registered
305 Posts
wow thats great spook, might see if i can do that in future...

longest test drive i had was with my c-class when i asked if i could bring it on the motorway to see how it handled, then i kept "accidentally" missing junction after junction hehe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Didn't know about the italics- good nugget of info. Then again, this was going to be the S1.

What do you think of the steering responsiveness and general ride? You're on 18s right?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts