Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the A1 comes with a 12v socket in the passenger compartment and I understand there can be one in the luggage compartment as part of the Luggage pack but can anyone tell me if these sockets remain live when the ignition is turned off. Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
No. As with most cars now they are only live with the ignition on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a shame. We use a 12v cool box in the luggage area when we go away and the ones in my 2009 A3 are live all the time. No doubt that will change when the new A3 comes out. If that's the case I shall have some wiring to do! Easy in the A1 as the battery is in the luggage area.

·
Registered
442 Posts
h5djr said:
I know the A1 comes with a 12v socket in the passenger compartment and I understand there can be one in the luggage compartment as part of the Luggage pack but can anyone tell me if these sockets remain live when the ignition is turned off. Thanks
aww? i dont remember seeing a socket in the passenger compartement?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
daytonasliner said:
h5djr said:
aww? i dont remember seeing a socket in the passenger compartement?
I think you will find it's the cigarette lighter if you have the smokers pack or a 12v socket with a cover if you don't.

As a sign of the times the A1 comes as standard without the smokers pack and you have to pay an extra £15 if you want the cigarette lighter and ashtray whereas with my A3 it would come with the smokers pack as standard and you had to specify the Non-Smokers pack as a no-cost option.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
h5djr said:
As a sign of the times the A1 comes as standard without the smokers pack and you have to pay an extra £15 if you want the cigarette lighter and ashtray whereas with my A3 it would come with the smokers pack as standard and you had to specify the Non-Smokers pack as a no-cost option.
I would have thought smokers wouldn't have a problem wasting money - they do it every time they buy a pack :p

Disgusting habit! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts