Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my car on Saturday and had a 180 mile drive back to the South West. It's Shiraz red and Silver (see my gallery) with Titanium leather, comfort, and media packs with Bose and HDD sat nav.

It is very smooth to drive and the MMI is excellent. The Sat nav will show the speed limit for the road you are driving on and while navigating gives the next 2 turns on your route plus details of any services with the facilities available including the brand of fuel on sale.

I averaged 43.7 mpg over the journey which was mostly motorway duel c way. The car only had 10 miles on the clock when I collected so I don't think this was too bad.

I agree with others who have said there is not too much clearance for the left foot between the clutch and centre console to access the foot rest but otherwise can't fault it.

Our Nokia 6300 and 6301 paired up with the Bluetooth and we can access our phone book. My 2nd generation ipod nano works fine although it wont display any artwork. I am hoping that a new 6th generation nano will sort this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Robbie

Have you noticed (as I have) that the rear view mirror gets in the way of forward vision? I find that because the screen is fairly small and the mirror is quite low set, that it is right in my eye-line.

Otherwise, I am chuffed to bits with my A1.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
Robbie

Have you noticed (as I have) that the rear view mirror gets in the way of forward vision? I find that because the screen is fairly small and the mirror is quite low set, that it is right in my eye-line.
have you tried lowering the drivers seat a little? I have ours set low and I have no probs with the mirror.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the mirror was a bit of a problem and I also adjusted the seat height to help this but then also needed to alter the steeringwheel reach but it is ok now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can i ask what speed you were doing on the motorway to get the MPG?

I normally cruise at 80 and just wondered what MPG that would give me :)

Congrats on the car as well of course :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was driving mostly 70 mph with some 60 and 50 mph. I will post again with an update after I have done a few more miles.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
Robbie

Otherwise, I am chuffed to bits with my A1.
I had the same problem when I first got my Ibiza,but don't notice it anymore.Won't matter when my A1 arrives!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts