Audi A1 Forum banner

The Moment You Have Been Waiting For - Renault Clio

10K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  MM087 
#1 ·
So,
Due to recent events I am no longer in my Audi A1 :( having rejected the vehicle. As the dealer has Kindly informed me they do not wish to supply me another vehicle, nor will I be given the use of a temporary vehicle i have been forced to Purchase another car. I have been searching across the country to find a stock vehicle I like the look of to no avail so I am going to be looking at a Factory Order (Been quoted Week 27/28) A1 or the New A3 Which will be ready for the 8th September Launch Date.

Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2
69,000 Miles
F.S.H.
2 Previous Owners
M.O.T: November 12
Road Tax: April 12
Body Work in Pristine Condition apart from 1 Slightly Curbed Alloy
HPI Clear
Both Keys & Alloy Wheel Locking Nut, All Manuals etc

Oh the Shame ... It is most certainly no Audi A1 :lol:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I use to have a Clio. I loved it until I rolled it down the lanes lol

#7 ·
I have onle ever regretted selling 2 cars,One was aPorsche 968 Clubsport the other a Clio V6,really loved it ,build quality wasn't great but on a twisty road or better still a track and it was truely superb! :D

#9 ·
this will do your street cred a lot of good ...............................

ill just laff the now shall i :lol:

#13 ·
What do you mean this is my old clio ? I certainly hope not if it has been written off ! lol

To be honest with you its not a bad drive .... the steering is too light compared to a Vw Polo and Audi A1. But it had no problems on the motorway, not laboured etc. Im going to get some Swirl X or Similar and give it a once over, then Iron X, Clay and SRP, EGP and it should improve it even further.

#14 ·
Cool a2b motor! Good luck! You will need it! :lol:

#16 ·
Woodking said:
MM087 said:
What do you mean this is my old clio ? I certainly hope not if it has been written off ! lol

To be honest with you its not a bad drive .... but I'm going to set fire to is ASAP and it should improve it even further.
;)
:lol: :lol:

#19 ·
MM087 said:
Its only a temp measure (September) and I will have a Shiny new Car !
Fair play and I can see the logic but September would seem a lifetime away to me :oops:

#21 ·
For the money it looks good. My little clio was pretty nippy, wouldnt say it was much slower then my TDI.

Btw whats it looking like A3 or A1? A3 will be god dame exensive compare to A1 at the moment though.

#22 ·
Im leaning towards the A3 ... Based on what has gone on with my current A1. The whole experience has been quite poor to be honest with you. I have found a good deal on the new A3 which Is why I am leaning towards that.

Pro:
- New Model
- Arguably better residuals
- Lots of Gadgets
- Offered a Brilliant Deal

Negatives
- More expensive car

Audi ...... Dealer offered me an A1 on a short term PCP (Sign a 4 year contract for a basic A1, no extra's) but only keep the car for 6 months and trade it in. Pay £300 pm and they would offer me a fixed rate upon return of the vehicle, in return for doing this they would discount the A3 by £500.

So by purchasing this car its a much better option financially. Paid hardly anything for the Clio and In theory I should make money on the car given what I paid and what it is worth. So I could come out with + Equity when I trade it in. I know September is a while off but it would have been stupid of me to pay £300 p.m. and then get nothing in exchange

#23 ·
September is sooner then you think mate, look how fast this years gone already. If I could afford it Id probably do the same, the residuals on the A1 have been beaten silly mainly due to these mammoth discounts lately. I'm not a huge fan of the A3 because it looks to similar to previous models externally. Its a good toss up but if you like the looks then youve made the right choice.

#24 ·
MM087 said:
Im leaning towards the A3 ... Based on what has gone on with my current A1. The whole experience has been quite poor to be honest with you. I have found a good deal on the new A3 which Is why I am leaning towards that.

Pro:
- New Model
- Arguably better residuals
- Lots of Gadgets
- Offered a Brilliant Deal

Negatives
- More expensive car

Audi ...... Dealer offered me an A1 on a short term PCP (Sign a 4 year contract for a basic A1, no extra's) but only keep the car for 6 months and trade it in. Pay £300 pm and they would offer me a fixed rate upon return of the vehicle, in return for doing this they would discount the A3 by £500.

So by purchasing this car its a much better option financially. Paid hardly anything for the Clio and In theory I should make money on the car given what I paid and what it is worth. So I could come out with + Equity when I trade it in. I know September is a while off but it would have been stupid of me to pay £300 p.m. and then get nothing in exchange
Remember... £19,700 for a A3 1.4 TFSI 122PS SE, comes with standard cloth seats, 16" alloys, solid paint.

Lets add S-Line spec: £2000
Ibis now discontinued Amalfi free or Glacier: £600
Privacy: £350
Xenon Plus: £600
Climate: £300

Rough estimate price: £24,000
-7% discount = £22,320

Thats ok i suppose, although i would still go for a A1 2.0 TDI BE for £18,600

Good luck mate!

#25 ·
Moj,
Where do you get the £19,700 figure ?

In any case ... I wouldn't go for the SE so I would take a Sport if the S-Line was out of my price range.

Is IBIS definitely discontinued ?

Climate Control is standard on the Sport ? Or it was on the current A3

Privacy, Xenons, PDC - Yep those options would be fine

I wouldn't mind a A1 BE however its just off-putting what has already gone on and a little annoyed that I would end up paying more for the A1 this time around if I wanted a like for like A1.

#26 ·
Audi briefly put up the starting price and then removed it! £19,700 if i remember rightly for the bottom of the range entry model.

I guess they will stop Ibis and offer Amalfi, to entice people to pay extra for Glacier!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.