Audi A1 Forum banner

Bye Bye S1

16K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  SPIKE 
#1 ·
#3 ·
£40k base apparently. So I'm expecting over £50k for my preferred spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Ohh nice! Not too keen on the looks though

#6 ·
Apparently the Saloon will be made to compete with the CLA45 AMG. No mention of a 3dr though. I'd personally want a 5dr for the practicality element, but agree 3dr's tend to look better.

I agree (as do most others on other forums it seems) that the looks aren't great, should be much more aggressive IMO.
They may do what they did with the S1 and have packs you can add?

We shall see - likely won't be Feb until the options are confirmed.

#12 ·
You won't be surprised to learn I I'm getting itchy feet too! I've only had the S3 seven months :roll:

Had a brief chat with my dealer and it's going to be £40k - they have an initial allocation of three build slots and they are expecting the first one to land some time June / July 15.

My dealer did say the ceramics are going to be £3k odd :eek: Got to see if I can get Mrs Pulp to sign off getting one! :cool:

#13 ·
Yea, Mrs José isn't going to sign off on it, so I'll just have to deal with the cold shoulder when it arrives on the drive!
£40k starting is more reasonable than I heard (£45k) - long and the short is it's going to be £50k+ with options though.

#14 ·
The S3 Cab is £39k base, I really think they will want so separate to the RS3 badge, if it is £40k base I'm getting one for sure!

#15 ·
The S3 cab is lovely - drove one at an Audi showcase day and with the roof down you could hear all the exhaust noise uninterrupted!

Circa £40k for the RS3 I should have said. Standard spec is not going to be much over the S3 - you might get LED headlamps apparently. Comfort pack is still going to be an option - £40k car with no rear dimming mirror or parking sensors is pushing it i think....its definitley going to need the black pack.

Seems like we are both in the same boat!

#16 ·
I seem to remember the previous RS3 started at just under £39k so £40k would seem about right. The 5 pot engine is a peach but it will have to offer more than that to justify the extra £10k over the S3/Golf R. If the extra seats aren't needed its starting to push into proper sports car territory such as the Cayman.

#17 ·
Lofty said:
I seem to remember the previous RS3 started at just under £39k so £40k would seem about right. The 5 pot engine is a peach but it will have to offer more than that to justify the extra £10k over the S3/Golf R. If the extra seats aren't needed its starting to push into proper sports car territory such as the Cayman.
It will be a lot of money with the carbon ceramics and the sports seats. Add in the must have options like the tech pack and sports exhaust its going to be pushing £50k and there are dynamically many better cars for that price. Regardless it will sell like hot cakes im sure.

Ive seen S3's with a tune box pushing 360 bhp and getting the 0-60 time down to 4 seconds so there will be a lot of people who will go down this route rather than go full fat and spend potentially £10k more.

#19 ·
MM087 said:
I will take your orders :D
As I will now be a repeat customer I shall expect extra special discount ;)

#21 ·
Pulp84 said:
I was told firmly that there will be no discount but they would "look after me" on trade in. Lol
There is always discount. My SQ5 and S1 were both in the 'no discount' category what with being pre-ordered, but I got some anyway. Buy enough Audi's from the same place and you no longer have to even negotiate :)

#25 ·
As its so ridiculously spec'd there is a select audience willing to pay a premium for the instant access to it.
Did the same with my SQ5, was worth more than I owed on finance the whole time I had it (14 months).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.