Audi A1 Forum banner

Evoque

10K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  BigDeuce451 
#1 ·
The wife wanted to nip into the Range Rover dealer to take a look at the Evoque... I think she wants to order one for next march and wants me to chop in the A1 :(

Tbh, the Evoque is a lovely car and surprised me.

She is looking at the following spec:

2.2 TDI PURE Coupe £28,950
Fiji White £0
Xenons/LEDs - £710
Meridian Sound System £0
Panoramic Glass Roof £790
Black leather £0
Privacy glass £350
19" Wheels £450

Looking at just over 30k for the above spec.

Im not so sure though, love my little A1.

#4 ·
Yeah, you get quite a few nice things as standard... Meridian Sound System! I've had a few Meridian home systems many years ago and they are highly regarded and expensive!

Heated front seats, Cruise control, Hill launch, Leather interior, Bluetooth, Rear parking sensors, Push button start, Heated mirrors, Climate, 8" High res touch screen, USB connectivity, iPod etc etc.

The interior makes my A1 S-Line look cheap tbh.

#7 ·
Haha, ive not defected yet!
Maybe next year, or a used one in the future.

I think the above spec would be around £400 a month on a PCP?... Not too bad.

#8 ·
Very nice car... Must admit... And not a huge amount more then the cost of my a1 lol... Obviously options will bump it up more lol

#10 ·
I'm not sure the £400 was a guestimate compared to my A1 cost/PCP... £3000 deposit?

We are going in for a test drive next week, so will ask about PCP prices.

#12 ·
Im thinking of Cancelling the A1 ... Saw one of these the Other Day and it was Amazing.

Spec I am Looking at is:

RR Evoque Coupe Pure 2.2 TD4 Manual (4WD)
Fuji White
19" Diamond Turned Alloy Wheels (Style 5)
Black Leather Interior
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Front Parking Sensors
Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
Rain Sensors
Light Sensors
Xenon Light
Front Fog Lights

Just over £32,000 (Without my Negotiating - Ha Ha)

#13 ·
Very similar spec to what the wife wants... You got to go for the Panoramic roof, Moh! :)

Go to the dealer and sit in one, really really nice motor!

#14 ·
I Cant Decide what to do ...

1). The A1 is going to cost me under £18,000 Fully Loaded
2). The Evoque will cost me £32,000 + for the Spec I want and I couldn't have a Bog Standard One.
3). Insurance & Running Costs need to be considered
4). Need to see what they can offer me at the Local Dealer in terms of Discount, PCP etc ?

Finally can i Justify Spending that much on a Car at 24 when its not being Used All Day (6,000 Miles in 12 Months on my Polo) But I love it, think its Great Looking and will be Rare for a While

#15 ·
Go for the A1... 33k is alot of cash! Tbh, i dont think we will be going for one now as im told the Pure model can not be specd with Xenons. :(

The other models are out of our budget.

#17 ·
I saw my first on the road Evoque yesterday... Looked awesome! Fiji White one!

Going for a test drive on thursday!

#19 ·
Haha, maybe in a year or two! :lol:

#23 ·
I am Just not a fan of 4x4 cars, the way they look, how they are driven (when was the last time you saw a Range Rover or Q7 on the inside lane?), the image they project etc.

Most people who own them don't need them. Leave them to the farmers, not people protecting their kids in a tank. If you need 4 wheel drive car for the snow, Just get a Panda 4x4 or a 4 motion Golf etc. If you need the space get an estate car that doesn't weigh 3 tonnes and burns fuel by the tonne.

The Evoke Just looks like a (bad) fashion statement to me.

#24 ·
Actually as 4x4s go it is relatively economical. I hardly think is can be compared to full blown RR or Q7 and in perspective when was the last time you saw a £50+k in the slow lane anyway regardless? or is this a big/expensive "car" gripe?

The evoque fills a gap in the Market take it or leave it. There are always irresponsible owners who don't "need" what they buy the definition of the chelsea tractor, but in terms of an irresponsible purchase would it be any different to a RS1/S1 or whatever discussed on this forum for example you don't need all that power but it's really nice to have!

I use a LR Defender regularly because I need to. I don't think a panda 4x4 would be able to do what I need It to do where as an Evoque might.

They are not for me but doesn't mean I don't like them.

#26 ·
Ohhh nice! One day my friend, one day! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.