A3 Sportback

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

A3 Sportback

Postby Jntabbycat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi all,

Im thinking about changing the A1 for an A3 Sportback. One thing I wasnt sure of was if I order it with B&O if boot space gets reduced.

In the brochure it says the Sub Woofer is in the spare wheel well. We looked at an A3 recently and the boot floor could be set at 2 levels, is this still possible when speccing B&O due to the woofer? We also saw one in the showroom which had the boot floor at the upper level and wasnt able to be lowered. This did not have B&O, but wasnt sure if it had Audi Sound System and perhaps its the case when speccing this also or if its another option that reduces the boot space. (Didnt speak to a salesman at the time)

Any advice welcome.
Jntabbycat
A1F Regular

Advertisement

Re: A3 Sportback

Postby Mojito » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi, i have been out in forum member TDI-line 's new A3 Sportback, but cant remember if it had B&O. Maybe send him a message him about it.

The new A3's interior is lovely though! I didnt want to get back into my A1 after ;)
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Postby Jntabbycat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks, ill send him a message. Yeah the interior is really nice, one of the main reasons we are sticking with audi tbh as the Merc A-classe and BMW don't look as good inside or out in my opinion.
Jntabbycat
A1F Regular

Postby TDI-line » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi, thanks for the message.

Here is a link to an A3 thread on my car.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-8v- ... -line.html

Mine only has the standard sound system, so no B&O or super sound system with Amps etc.

On a standard A3, IE: front wheel drive, there will be 2 boot levels (like the A1). Once B&O is added, then the lower boot space is compromised. If the car is A3 Quattro model or S3, then the spare wheel will sit on the lower level, as seen in my pics.

Not 100 % sure though about the Audi Sound system, and what goes in the boot though.

What spec are you after?
2013 AUDI A3 S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
TDI-line
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jntabbycat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:02 am

Hi, thanks for the reply. Had a look at the thread and think it answers my question. I'm after a 2.0Tdi 150 S-line in brilliant red with a few options. B&O, tech pack, comfort pack, LED interior lift pack. Oh and the wife wants the £950 sunroof!!

Went to see a dealer yesterday who didn't want to offer any discount at all saying they are on extended lead times at the moment so we walked and now considering a broker (Drive the deal)!
Jntabbycat
A1F Regular

Postby TDI-line » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:03 am

I walked a few times, managed to push my local dealer for about £2k, but worth trying Carwow also.
TDI-line
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jntabbycat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Don't understand why dealers are so reluctant to offer a discount! Just tried carwow and already got offer of £2222 off, works out around 7%!!
Jntabbycat
A1F Regular

Postby TDI-line » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Yep, at least with Carwow, you can trade in, and you'll get 6 quotes back within 1 week, all within 100 miles of you.

What colour are you going for?
TDI-line
A1F Major Contributor

Postby SPIKE » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:29 pm

I have seen a few of the A3 saloon's on the road, and I have to say I think they look great.

I would seriously consider one of these next, even though the sportback is already high on my list.
S1 Sportback - Misano Red & Black Contrast Roof
Quattro Exterior Pack - Quattro Interior Pack - Comfort Pack - Connectivity Pack - Black Styling Pack - Front Armrest - Folding Mirrors - Privacy Glass - Heated Seats - BOSE Sound System - Aluminium Gear Knob - Rear Carpet Mats

Daily: A3 8V 2.0tdi S-Line Saloon in Daytona Grey
SPIKE
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jntabbycat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 am

TDI-line wrote:Yep, at least with Carwow, you can trade in, and you'll get 6 quotes back within 1 week, all within 100 miles of you.

What colour are you going for?

Going for brilliant red I think - tho it does look good in white too
Jntabbycat
A1F Regular

Next

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)