Audi A1 Forum banner

Guildford to Edinburgh on one tank of petrol

21K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Phil_Cee 
#1 ·
Remember when it was a really big deal that Clarkson managed to drive that diesel Audi from Guildford to Edinburgh? I'm doing almost the same journey on Sunday in my 1.4 TFSI CoD and I think I might be able to make it on one tank - anyone want to take virtual bets? :)

I'm driving to Whitekirk, which is 400 miles away.

#5 ·
I did a trip last weekend From Beverley (Near hull) to Porthmadog in North Wales and back, I averaged 44.6Mgp on the way there and 38.8 on the return trip due to traffic, overall i covered around 420-430 miles (205 each way and a little driving while there). I filled the tank before I set off and the reserve tank warning light came on just as I pulled into my street. So i got around 420- 430 in one tank :)
Im pretty impressed with that :D
(1.4 TSFI 122)

#9 ·
Well I did it... very little drama - the light didn't even come on! I was expecting a tense last few miles on 0 range but I had 60 miles still in it :)

It reported 51mpg, but when I brimmed the tank and made a quick calculation it came out as 45.7mpg

#10 ·
Nice!

#15 ·
I just got 48mpg on the 12 mile commute into work ( 122PS+DSG) ... mixed traffic but no hold ups , nice and sunny, very pleasant . Shame i've got to stay at work :(

#18 ·
I think the way the 122ps works is its perfect for consumption when doing lower speeds ie. 50-60mph but not so good on motorway at 70...ish. Works for me but I imagine some people would expect a car that gets 45-50 in the suburbs to do much better on a long run but it doesnt . As i say works for me though .

#19 ·
Not yet decided on the A1 I'm getting ….. off to see it again tomorrow (1.6Tdi, 2011 plate, 22,000 miles)
After reading these mpg figures I think I'm spoilt with my A2, fill it up for £38 and I get about 440 miles out of it :cool: :cool:

Mmm, wanting the same with the A1 :oops: :oops:

#22 ·
Oh dear … it does depend on how I drive it obviously … trundle to work between 55-60mph, all motorway driving 60 mile round trip each day, but if I put my foot down to 80'ish :D it drops to about 360 mile to the tank
Salesman pushing for me to sign but not in a rush to be honest … love my A2 but have 150,000 miles on it and its 12 years young.
Lots of play left in it as yet :=)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.