Audi A1 Forum banner

Audi press release bodywork colour

12K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Coddy85 
#1 ·
Looking for some help from Audi fans/experts.

Have decided to 'upgrade' to an Audi A1. Obviously lots of custom choices, but when it comes to colours my preference is actually the one that was on the Audi press release for the 2015 models:
https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/lates ... range.html
https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi ... 0Front.jpg
http://insidelane.co.uk/2015-audi-a1-gets-nip-tuck/

Problem is it looks like, based on the news release on the audi website and other searching I've done, that this colour is "laser blue" and the roof is grey - I think Daytona Grey (certainly not Silver as that is a lot lighter when I look up pictures online).

However these colours don't seem to be an option on the customiser on Audi's website, and the dealership I was dealing with have not been overly helpful ("its just whats in the brochure - or you can match your own for £2,500").

Is this a colour anyone here recognises? And is it actually possible to buy the car and colour that is shown in Audi's own press release?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Laser blue is the interior colour for the seats in the sport model, not the exterior colour you are looking for. And the roof isn't daytona, it's too light.

Considering the S1 press shots all had the lower tailgate black, and this was not a factory option, it doesn't surprise me that the blue shown in the pics is also not a factory option. However, as the dealership tells you can have any colour you want for £2,500. Stuttgartrob paid that to get his S1 in Nogaro Blue... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=152610&start=10#p431306

I think the closest you will get for sensible money is Scuba Blue, with black roof, and then you can always pay £200 to get the roof wrapped grey post delivery.

#3 ·
Thanks for reply.

I have seen the Scuba blue at the dealer, it is much darker, I don't like it so much. Really wasn't sure on it with the silver roof either.

I've seen Nogaro Blue mentioned a lot online; I had thought it was a standard colour - certainly seems popular particularly in the US.

For a 'roof wrap' - would Audi do this or I'd have to do myself? I presume it wouldn't cover the sections either side of the windscreen? If not, it would then be blue, with black in some parts, and grey roof.

EDIT: Does Ara Blue maybe seem close? I have never really had to pay much attention to colour names before!
https://www.google.com/search?q=ara+blu ... 20&bih=946

#4 ·
My dealership has a partnership with a local wrapping company, you can but ask, but otherwise just join a detailing forum and ask for a reputable one near you. They would do the 'a' pillars up the side of the windscreen too.

Nogaro is traditionally reserved for S/RS cars only :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
#6 ·
The car in those photos looks like a photoshop to me, its a none standard colour with a none standard roof and none standard alloys. The alloys are V-Spokes off the RS4, I've not seen them that small, do they now make them for the A1?
Sapang blue is nice but still darker and only available on the S1 I think. I think the A1 should be available in some more vibrant colours, its a small, fun, city car and has more or less the same colour choice as the A8.

#7 ·
Thanks Josedebardi

I don't think I can justify the £2,500. Shame, as it was that picture that kind of nudged me towards taking a look at the A1 originally! And I think it means I'll end up going for the less exctiting Black or Silver; I just didn't think the Scuba Blue with Silver roof (as close to the pic as can get for the standard metallic cost) looked quite right. The roof looked a little like it was a spare part to me, wheras a darker colour such as a black or grey roof looks a bit more appropriate. I guess its all personal preference though.
I do also like the Dark Red Mica, maybe the Turquiose Mica, and they're almost a bargain at £1,840 (!!!)

I like the look of yours by the way - wish Vegas Yellow was an option, but then it probably looks a lot more suited to an S1.

#8 ·
Lofty said:
The car in those photos looks like a photoshop to me, its a none standard colour with a none standard roof and none standard alloys. The alloys are V-Spokes off the RS4, I've not seen them that small, do they now make them for the A1?
Sapang blue is nice but still darker and only available on the S1 I think. I think the A1 should be available in some more vibrant colours, its a small, fun, city car and has more or less the same colour choice as the A8.
Thanks, this seems to be the case, is starting to look as if the picture is a fabrication!

Which is weird - if they think that's how the car should look in order to appeal to people, why not make it that way?!

I also agree, it seems to me the A1 ought to be in brighter colours. If I was buying a larger one I'd be looking for darker, maybe more classic colour scheme. The S1 is available in brighter ones, and I realise it is a much sportier car so that's appropriate, but the A1 ought to have some broader, lighter options.

#9 ·
The Nano Grey metallic and Contrast Roofline in Silver looks very nice indeed, and being an all new 2015 Audi colour, those in the know will know your car is the latest spec model, especially if you have a private plate as well.

The Blue interior is also a nice edition.

Strangely enough the Nano Grey makes the whole car look larger than one in a more jazzy colour.

I parked my car after a test drive yesterday afternoon in the middle of a group of other A1s.
To my left was a Red Sline, to my right was a Black Contrast Edition, and there were a couple of Metallic Blue and white cars there as well.

From a distance you could have sworn my car was an A3, it looked slightly wider than your standard A1.

If you go for the Sportsback model, then the entire roofline in Silver looks the Dogs.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't believe it is a made up colour. This might show why:

The above photo and the other like it look to be heavily photoshopped however this is the same car in the flesh:

Neuer-Dreizylinder-im-aufgefrischten-A1-644x363-6fe9a81e0a11bcd9.jpg

The above is the same car (note numberplates) but not photoshopped. The 2015 press cars all have the IN-A14XX numberplates.

As to what the colour is, not sure.

Attachments

#11 ·
I too wandered about this. It's not a standard colour for the A1 even though the press shots show it. But I believe the colour closest is known as hainan blue metallic which you can have on the Q3! : )

#12 ·
Those RS4 V spokes are available as 18" on the German A1 configurator, so it may well be an physical car, the colour still looks altered to me through as the original photo acprc has posted looks like Sapang to me.

#14 ·
ToniqR said:
I too wandered about this. It's not a standard colour for the A1 even though the press shots show it. But I believe the colour closest is known as hainan blue metallic which you can have on the Q3! : )
Yep I believe actually it is Hainan Blue, the description in this video mentions that (also mentions that you cannot spec it!) - . I've been keeping an eye out in case Audi introduce it, I'd order one tomorrow (currently I have a Sphere Blue '11 plate SE) :lol: The facelift's current colour options are not too inspiring, they nuked one of the more interesting in Samoa Orange too.

There's a Q3 in Hainan Blue that drives around Aberdeen near me actually - lovely colour, not so much a fan of the Q3 though.

#16 ·
Both Hainan and Viper an option if you fancy paying for it.

#19 ·
Coddy85 said:
Well Audi will paint ANY factory approved colour if you pay for it.....
Corrected that for you. They won't do Estoril Blue anymore, and they won't use Lambo colours for example!

#22 ·
All special paint requests have to be approved. R8, Q5, A1, whatever...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.