Switch to full site
General insurance information, questions, and discussion goes here.
Post a reply

Re: Audi A1 Insurance - you could save over 10% on other quo

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 am

I'll be looking around for insurance quotes pretty soon. I live in the dreaded M21 postcode area which means insurance on cars is much higher than most places in the country.

A quick question about Audi insurance if I may for anyone who's used them. As it's done through Audi, do they have all the extras that you've ordered already on record (as you've bought the car through them)?

Just curious that's all.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 am

No, they won't have. The manufacturer's scheme will be run by an outside insurance company rather than Audi themselves so no data will be shared about your purchase. It means they'll also only have one policy to offer - they won't be selecting the best product from a range of providers.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I'll be in touch fairly shortly once I know when the car is going to be delivered etc.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Sorry beastmaster, M21 is one of the hardest places for us to quote competitively - there will be others out there who will be more competitive in this scenario. Save yourself the call :)

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 pm

I was looking around at insurance and went on the Audi website to get a quote, but apparently they can't insure me. I'm 20 with 2 years no claims, never had an accident but still no. Was a bit disappointed that I'm paying so much for an Audi but can't get their insurance! Oh well, shall stick to Diamond!

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Audi insurance quoted me £460 whereas other companies were around the £280 mark. Audi said it was high because they ensure Audi parts are used in repairs and that maintains the warranty. I'd never thought about that as a consideration before. Anyone been burned by this before?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Audi were cheaper in the first year 2011-12 but significantly more expensive 2012-13 so went elsewhere.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Chris Knott beat my current insurance company by about £500! and the rest of money supermarket by about £30 Will be insuring with Chris Knott when it arrives!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Lets see if you can quote me Happy and Beat my Renewal Quote !

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:19 pm

We're due renewal next month so see what they can do!
Post a reply