Audi A1 Forum banner

Audi A1 Insurance - you could save over 10% on other quotes.

145K views 71 replies 31 participants last post by  ChrisKnottIns 
#1 ·
Hi to all!

The A1 Forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for A1 Forum members. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover, & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call!
(I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile)
& please don't forget to quote 'reference 058 - A1 forum'!

*posted on behalf of Tim@ChrisKnott

See less See more
#4 ·
A1 Quotes are now on the A1 Forum Insurance Scheme. Why not call now and find out if you can save money on your current quote!

Dont forget to mention The A1 Forum, REF 058 to make sure you get the best deal!

#6 ·
And?

#11 ·
Just thought I would say that I had a great quote from Audi. I called for the free 7 day and asked for the annual quote as well. They quoted £267 for 14,000 per year, self and wife, business use and only the mandatory £100 excess. My previous best was £249 with £250 excess.

When I said I was interested and asked if they could send through the quote they offered to take off £30 as I was a new customer. So I was very happy with the final quote of £236.

Now just have to wait until 10:00 on the 1st March at Bristol Audi!

#12 ·
That is an amazing price. I have been getting quotes for £1200 for my A1 Sport (36yo, 15+ years no claims, live in Birmingham city centre) including from the company advertised in this thread and from Audi but I reviewed all my details with Tesco insurance and they sent me a refund of £530 the day I picked my new car up. I couldn't believe it! So glad I got an A1 after my Golf GT Tdi

The dealer was telling us Audi insurance add a big premium on just because you call an Audi phone line but if you go direct it could save £100's, I guess not in this case or it would be free.

#14 ·
Pommyboi said:
That is an amazing price. I have been getting quotes for £1200 for my A1 Sport (36yo, 15+ years no claims, live in Birmingham city centre) including from the company advertised in this thread and from Audi but I reviewed all my details with Tesco insurance and they sent me a refund of £530 the day I picked my new car up. I couldn't believe it! So glad I got an A1 after my Golf GT Tdi

The dealer was telling us Audi insurance add a big premium on just because you call an Audi phone line but if you go direct it could save £100's, I guess not in this case or it would be free.
£1200 :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

#18 ·
Mine was £263- with Churchill.... zero volluntry excess- protected ncb - garanteed hire car - legal assistance - personal injury etc.
Old git.(44), 15 year NCB- clean license- No garage tho. Experienced Mrs on policy too. Average risk area.

#19 ·
Just got my Insurance via Audi

2.0 TDI BE
43 yr old, 3 brownie points, £100 excess, Wife on policy, 18k per annum, on drive
£371

Not bad... Better than the R!

Now waiting patiently to collect on 1-3-12

Rich

#21 ·
Anyone trying the A1 Forum Insurance scheme?

#23 ·
Jae said:
Anyone trying the A1 Forum Insurance scheme?
am just waiting for my s line sportback to come before i try

#25 ·
My insurance is due for renewal on 1st April. Tried Audi Ins but it was around £400. Done the normal comparison sites and the best was around £230.

Then I tried Aviva and got a quote for £205, fully comp, protected.

Went on the Top Cashback website and used their link to Aviva, retreived my quote of £205 and got cash back from them of £65.65.

So for a years fully comp, protected ins through a good company it is costing me £139.35, bargain !!

#26 ·
ok just tried the A1 insurance scheme, had a very nice talk with young man from chris knott insurance well spoken .pleasure to have a chat with went thro all the details for my new sportback but couldnt quite match what id been quoted ,he was nearly there, but if i was yous id give them a call cant fault them in any way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.