Audi A1 Forum banner

Audi A1 questions

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lyon76 
#1 ·
hi there everyone
i bought a 62 plate from a audi dealership in April 2016 with 22.5k miles on clock. now hearlies the problem, i have only done a total of 4k miles in the year since i bought it, took it for an mot yesterday and guess what it needs new break discs and pads, new exhaust and connector and a few other things, it's still under warranty. Audi have done 5/1 of my driving and have used the wear 5 x more than me, so should i have to pay for my 4k useage if these parts or should it be Audi? please advice and TIA

#2 ·
Who completed the last MOT? If it was Audi then you might be surprised that no advisories were recorded and you could try your luck by visiting the Audi dealer that sold you the car and asking for them to help as a goodwill gesture on their part. You could also contact Audi head office about the issue and see if they would be willing to help. If they were unwilling to help you have the option of taking them to court to recover costs for damage and wear that is not within an acceptable level. But its the courts that will decide whether or not your claim holds up and if it doesn't you'll be even more out of pocket.

Legally speaking the costs of repair and replacement of wear and tear items are yours unless they were specifically outlined as being like new etc. and it is general knowledge that they couldn't possibly wear down to the point of needing replacing within 4000 miles of driving. Some might say you've driven the car for 10 months and could have worn the breaks and discs yourself due to driving style (please be aware that I am not suggesting you have - but that's what Audi could say). The exhaust seems slightly more ominous. But that depends on why it needs replacing. If it needs replacing because it was hit and damaged then, unless you can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you didn't hit it, you'll be legally liable for the repair costs. If it's rusted through then its highly likely it was rusty when it was sold to you.

I'd say there's no harm going to Audi, but don't get your hopes up. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.