HOW TO - Enable Video In Motion (VIM)

HOW TO - Enable Video In Motion (VIM)

Postby Birchall » Tue May 01, 2012 9:18 pm

My official VCDS cable just arrived today.

Since we have four Audis in the family - 3 A2s (AMAZING cars) plus my A1 (also AMAZING) it was worth the £264.

But now I am even happier, it took me 5 minutes to disable the Video In Motion (I have a cowl that I made that prevents me from seeing the screen, but my wife can watch the end of Coronation square farm (or whatever it is!))

I also managed to get the auto dipping mirror on reverse to work (2 minutes).

I plan to play a bit more (already have the "Swoosh" done using my "other cable").

But these cables are fantastic.

Steve B
Last edited by Birchall on Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.6 tdi S line, Phantom Black, 18" Alloys, Tech Pack, Parking Plus, Tyre pressure indicators, Hill Hold Assist, Heated folding mirrors, Xenon Plus, Open Sky sunroof, Privacy Glass, Advanced (keyless) Key, Climate Control, High Beam assist (includes auto dimming mirror, auto lights and auto wipers), Black styling pack, armrest, heated seats, cruise control, BOSE, DAB, Service Plan, Auto glym life shine, 5 year warrantee and Smart Asset Protection. I.e. Everything except full leather ! Now with after market TV tuner - VCDS Mods - Video In Motion, Swoosh, Reverse dip mirror, lock/unlock beeps (now turned off!), auto fold mirrors (on lock), auto close roof / windows (when it rains), Fog light turn assist, Emergency brake warning (flashers and stop lights)
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

VCDS CAble = did my Video in motion !!!!!!

Postby Mojito » Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Steve, how did you turn off VIM?
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Re: VCDS CAble = did my Video in motion !!!!!!

Postby Birchall » Tue May 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Mojito wrote:Steve, how did you turn off VIM?

I was shocked !!! I had heard that it was not really possible, but I just googled and found

http://trick77.com/tools/mmi3g_vimcode.php

The instructions worked perfectly and are so easy.

Try it and you will be surprised too, I thought it was near on impossible!!!

The only problem I had was how to reset the MMI, on the A1 it is different to the instructions, but that was easy to find..

Steve B
1.6 tdi S line, Phantom Black, 18" Alloys, Tech Pack, Parking Plus, Tyre pressure indicators, Hill Hold Assist, Heated folding mirrors, Xenon Plus, Open Sky sunroof, Privacy Glass, Advanced (keyless) Key, Climate Control, High Beam assist (includes auto dimming mirror, auto lights and auto wipers), Black styling pack, armrest, heated seats, cruise control, BOSE, DAB, Service Plan, Auto glym life shine, 5 year warrantee and Smart Asset Protection. I.e. Everything except full leather ! Now with after market TV tuner - VCDS Mods - Video In Motion, Swoosh, Reverse dip mirror, lock/unlock beeps (now turned off!), auto fold mirrors (on lock), auto close roof / windows (when it rains), Fog light turn assist, Emergency brake warning (flashers and stop lights)
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

VCDS Cable - did my VIM (Video in Motion) !!!!!!

Postby Mojito » Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Where did you find the Serial number?

P.S
I am going to buy a genuine cable this week.
Mojito
A1F Resident

Re: VCDS Cable - did my VIM (Video in Motion) !!!!!!

Postby Birchall » Tue May 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Mojito wrote:Where did you find the Serial number?

P.S
I am going to buy a genuine cable this week.

It is on the VCDS screen when you follow the instructions, you just copy that in to the code generator on that site and it gives you the right code to use.

Simples!!!
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Mojito » Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Great! When i checked my last A1 it was hidden! :(

I will report back when i get the new cable
Mojito
A1F Resident

Postby Birchall » Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Mojito wrote:Great! When i checked my last A1 it was hidden! :(

I will report back when i get the new cable

The "not genuine" cables are always likely to be second best, and I did not like all of the messing with the dates and preventing updates. but £264 is a lot of money for many people, so they are very tempting.

So I am happy now and I know that if I have any problems with the software or cable I can get free support!!!

I even had trouble setting the reversing mirror option with the "other" cable.

Have fun!!!
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Mojito » Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Can i ask where you purchased yours from? I am thinking of buying from NHN on here, or Gendan?
Mojito
A1F Resident

Postby Jwa1 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Will the dipping left mirror
While reversing work with standard mirrors?
Jwa1
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Birchall » Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Mojito wrote:Can i ask where you purchased yours from? I am thinking of buying from NHN on here, or Gendan?

I bought it from Gendan and it arrived next day !!!!
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Next

Return to Audi A1 How Too's