Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby Birchall » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm

.[/quote]

Just cant get the mirror dip on reverse to work :([/quote]

I had trouble when I tried it, but I just repeated the steps a few times and fpr some reason it suddenly worked.
But remember that it is the passenger door controller you need to change not the drivers door one.

Steve b
1.6 tdi S line, Phantom Black, 18" Alloys, Tech Pack, Parking Plus, Tyre pressure indicators, Hill Hold Assist, Heated folding mirrors, Xenon Plus, Open Sky sunroof, Privacy Glass, Advanced (keyless) Key, Climate Control, High Beam assist (includes auto dimming mirror, auto lights and auto wipers), Black styling pack, armrest, heated seats, cruise control, BOSE, DAB, Service Plan, Auto glym life shine, 5 year warrantee and Smart Asset Protection. I.e. Everything except full leather ! Now with after market TV tuner - VCDS Mods - Video In Motion, Swoosh, Reverse dip mirror, lock/unlock beeps (now turned off!), auto fold mirrors (on lock), auto close roof / windows (when it rains), Fog light turn assist, Emergency brake warning (flashers and stop lights)
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Postby jeffers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Birchall wrote:
My only disappointment is that it does not work with the Advanced key (Keyless lock / unlock)

Steve B

I've just found that it will. I had left the window down so held my hand against the door handle to make the windows shut and when they did the mirrors folded aswell. Still probably quicker to use the fob though.
jeffers
A1F Regular

Postby Birchall » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:12 pm

jeffers wrote:
Birchall wrote:
My only disappointment is that it does not work with the Advanced key (Keyless lock / unlock)

Steve B

I've just found that it will. I had left the window down so held my hand against the door handle to make the windows shut and when they did the mirrors folded aswell. Still probably quicker to use the fob though.

Nice one Jeffers,

As you say probably quicker to use the key fob, but good to know this works too.
To be honest I didn't know that holding your hand there was the same as holding down the lock button (to close the windows and sunroof)

I suppose that holding your hand there to unlock opens them too then ????

I will try it tonight.

Cheers
Steve B
1.6 tdi S line, Phantom Black, 18" Alloys, Tech Pack, Parking Plus, Tyre pressure indicators, Hill Hold Assist, Heated folding mirrors, Xenon Plus, Open Sky sunroof, Privacy Glass, Advanced (keyless) Key, Climate Control, High Beam assist (includes auto dimming mirror, auto lights and auto wipers), Black styling pack, armrest, heated seats, cruise control, BOSE, DAB, Service Plan, Auto glym life shine, 5 year warrantee and Smart Asset Protection. I.e. Everything except full leather ! Now with after market TV tuner - VCDS Mods - Video In Motion, Swoosh, Reverse dip mirror, lock/unlock beeps (now turned off!), auto fold mirrors (on lock), auto close roof / windows (when it rains), Fog light turn assist, Emergency brake warning (flashers and stop lights)
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Postby bjgilbert » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Steve B - would you be able to post a YouTube vid of the folding mirrors with convenience key???

Much appreciated!
Sportback 1.6 TDi Sport (MY2013), Glacier white/Daytona Contrast, Sportback exclusive alloys (17"), Xenon package and LED DRLs, Auto lights, Auto full beam, Auto wipers, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Cruise, Bose, LED light package, SD Sat Nav, Tyre pressure monitor, Audi parking plus, Black roof lining, Arm rest, 5 seat option, Dynamic suspension setup, Headlight washers, White gloss air vents, Advanced key, Heated and folding mirrors, 5 year service plan, Rear mats!
bjgilbert
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Birchall » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:37 pm

bjgilbert wrote:Steve B - would you be able to post a YouTube vid of the folding mirrors with convenience key???

Much appreciated!

Hi,

I don't mind having a try, what do you want me to demo exactly?

Steve B
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Postby bjgilbert » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm wondering whether you have to hold your finger over the button for the duration of folding, or whether it's a one touch thing?
Sportback 1.6 TDi Sport (MY2013), Glacier white/Daytona Contrast, Sportback exclusive alloys (17"), Xenon package and LED DRLs, Auto lights, Auto full beam, Auto wipers, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Cruise, Bose, LED light package, SD Sat Nav, Tyre pressure monitor, Audi parking plus, Black roof lining, Arm rest, 5 seat option, Dynamic suspension setup, Headlight washers, White gloss air vents, Advanced key, Heated and folding mirrors, 5 year service plan, Rear mats!
bjgilbert
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Birchall » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:02 pm

bjgilbert wrote:I'm wondering whether you have to hold your finger over the button for the duration of folding, or whether it's a one touch thing?

With the keyless entry, you hold your hand there until they start to fold in and then let go.
You have to hold it there for longer than normal or it just locks without folding.

Steve B
Last edited by Birchall on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor

Postby A1S » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Last edited by A1S on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone away because of all the a**holes here who think they know better...
A1S
A1F Regular

Postby mah006 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 am

A1S wrote:
mah006 wrote: Just cant get the mirror dip on reverse to work :(

Why not? Just activated mine, also MY2011. Did you turn the mirror-knob to the left door position?

1. Select module "Door-Elct.Pass"
2. Select 07 (Coding)
3. Select "Longcode Helper"
4. Select Byte 4
5. Activate Bit 2 and Bit 3

PLUS:

1. Select module 09 (Central Electronics)
2. Select Coding
3. Select "longcode Helper"
4. Select Byte 4
5. Activate Bit 3

Just tried this & it works thanks A1S :D but on my module 09 there was no Bit 3 on Byte 4 so i changed the binary 0 to 1
Looks like mirror dip for my2011 cars does work :D :D :D :D :D
Thanks again A1S :D
1.6TDi S-Line 2011- Comfort Pack-Heated & Folding Mirrors-Tyre Pressure Monitor-Xenon Plus
SOLD 04/13
mah006
A1F Major Contributor

Postby A1S » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Last edited by A1S on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone away because of all the a**holes here who think they know better...
A1S
A1F Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Audi A1 How Too's