Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby Jonathan E » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:46 pm

I took delivery of my A1 on Friday and specifically opted for folding mirrors. My previous car(Fiesta please don't flame me) used to fold back the mirrors on locking which I found particularly handy as the car is parked on the street and it does appear to deter the local chav scum from taking a kick at them.
So, having read the thread it seems I need to hire the services of someone to do this mod for me.
Anyone in or around Shropshire able to help, I wouldn't trust myself to do this mod I can't even post a picture on the forum hence my request.
I assume my local dealer can't do this for me?
Thanks
Jonathan E
A1F Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Advertisement

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby Birchall » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Jonathan E wrote:I took delivery of my A1 on Friday and specifically opted for folding mirrors. My previous car(Fiesta please don't flame me) used to fold back the mirrors on locking which I found particularly handy as the car is parked on the street and it does appear to deter the local chav scum from taking a kick at them.
So, having read the thread it seems I need to hire the services of someone to do this mod for me.
Anyone in or around Shropshire able to help, I wouldn't trust myself to do this mod I can't even post a picture on the forum hence my request.
I assume my local dealer can't do this for me?
Thanks


Hi,

It really is a two minute job with a VCDS cable, so hopefully someone near you will offer their service.
It is even worth a weekend drive to someone if there is nobody close.

But think of any other VCDS mods you want at the same time, especially if you don't have someone close.

Steve B
1.6 tdi S line, Phantom Black, 18" Alloys, Tech Pack, Parking Plus, Tyre pressure indicators, Hill Hold Assist, Heated folding mirrors, Xenon Plus, Open Sky sunroof, Privacy Glass, Advanced (keyless) Key, Climate Control, High Beam assist (includes auto dimming mirror, auto lights and auto wipers), Black styling pack, armrest, heated seats, cruise control, BOSE, DAB, Service Plan, Auto glym life shine, 5 year warrantee and Smart Asset Protection. I.e. Everything except full leather ! Now with after market TV tuner - VCDS Mods - Video In Motion, Swoosh, Reverse dip mirror, lock/unlock beeps (now turned off!), auto fold mirrors (on lock), auto close roof / windows (when it rains), Fog light turn assist, Emergency brake warning (flashers and stop lights)
User avatar
Birchall
A1F Major Contributor
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Wraysbury, Middlesex

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby Ron_A1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:29 pm

I did the coding with VCDS v12.12 but no way the mirrors are not folding. My car is from November 2011 and has no heated mirrors. I have ordered them, so I have to install these in the next few days.
A1 8X 185hp S-Line
User avatar
Ron_A1
A1F Newbee
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby Jolt8631 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 am

Ron_A1 wrote:I did the coding with VCDS v12.12 but no way the mirrors are not folding. My car is from November 2011 and has no heated mirrors. I have ordered them, so I have to install these in the next few days.


Ron, are you absolutely certain you have folding mirrors? Was the car specked with them, or have you retrofitted the mirrors ( with the motors in and control/switch etc)?
A1 1,4 TFSi (140) Cylinder on Demand 6 Speed Manual, Black Edition. Misano Red.
18" Titanium Rotors, HDD Satellite Navigation, Power Fold & Heated Mirrors, Milano Leather,
Heated Seats, Audi Park Assist, BOSE, Hill Hold Assist, Centre Armrest, Auto Lights & Wipers,
Advanced Key, Main Beam Assist, Bluetooth Low, Privacy, Cruise, Auto-Dim Rear Mirror.,
Heated Washers, Xenons and LED Lights Package, Climate Control, TPMS. Now with integrated DAB Radio.

Mods: So far - LED upgrade to Boot Lamp. Hi-power LED Fog Lamps, LED Reverse Lamps, Modded Xenon Headlamp bulbs (6000k), Universal USB phone dock/Signal booster, Custom USB connection cables, Integrated Garage Remote, Chrome surround Grille. Aluminium finished Window Switches and Aluminium finished /gloss black Mirror Switch.
User avatar
Jolt8631
A1F Major Contributor
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:54 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby pns2007 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Jon E. Hope you're pleased with the mirrors. Good to meet up with you.
2013 (13) A5 2.0(177) TDI - Black Edition Coupe in Daytona Grey.
[s]Sold A1 (185) TFSI Black Edition[/s]

VCDs coding service available - PM for details.
pns2007
A1F Major Contributor
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 pm
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby Jonathan E » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:01 pm

pns2007 wrote:Jon E. Hope you're pleased with the mirrors. Good to meet up with you.

I certainly am, many thanks for your time,all working as I originally thought they would :roll:
Jonathan E
A1F Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

Postby TerryBiggs » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi is there anyone who can do this for me I am willing to pay lol I live in Hertfordshire
TerryBiggs
A1F Regular
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Previous

Return to Audi A1 How Too's

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests