Audi A1 Forum banner

Audi A1 - Folding Mirrors on Locking

65K views 106 replies 41 participants last post by  TerryBiggs 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Anyone asked Audi if this is possible from their end? It should really be enabled already for the price you pay on the just folded and heated mirrors alone.

We have a Mercedes c class on the companies lease I work for and that is really basic inside nowhere near what the a1 has extra wise and the mirrors on that fold and unfold on locking and unlocking.

#5 ·
Its obviously possible then, bloody outrageous that it isnt setup to do it as standard.

What the hell are Audi thinking. Even the Fiesta automatically folds its mirrors on locking, why on earth would audi not do it - makes no sense.

#6 ·
One thing i did notice in the video... The mirrors fold out of sync.

#7 ·
Mojito said:
One thing i did notice in the video... The mirrors fold out of sync.
Mine do that on the switch too - the right hand one from inside the car (drivers side for UK, passenger side in the video) always takes longer to unfold than the other side.

#14 ·
comijmv said:
Go to control unit "42-Door Elect, Driver">> Coding - 07 >> Byte 4

Change the original coding 00010000

to 01010000

Just tried it on mine & it works :D :D :D :D :D
They fold on lock with the key & open back out when you turn on your ignition :D
Excellent stuff thanks comijmv :D

#15 ·
Great tip !!!!!

Thanks for this really useful tip, every tip helps.

My only disappointment is that it does not work with the Advanced key (Keyless lock / unlock)

What a BUMMER.. If I lock the car from the key fob, the mirrors fold in, but if I lock it by swiping the door handle (keyless lock) then it does not auto fold.

That is a shame.

But thanks for a great tip for those that use the key fob.

Makes you wonder why Audi do not enable all of these useful options (perhaps they don't want to have to repair all of the mirror motors after a few years???)

Cheers
Steve B

#16 ·
Excellent write up.

Might even invest in VCDS to enable this! Then sell the cable to pay for new mirror motors ;-)

#17 ·
Nice feature this one for me & i like that the mirrors do not unfold when you unlock the car so if you need to go for the car for something, but dont need to start the car, the mirrors stay folded :)
As for the mirror motors i use to fold my mirrors everytime i locked the car anyway & unfolded them when i started the car, so now i dont have to touch the switch at all, so the motors are being used exactly the same amount of times as before this feature was available :D :D

#18 ·
Anyone got VCDS access in Kent?

#19 ·
bjgilbert said:
I am in Cambridgeshire or offer a postal service.

#20 ·
Mojito said:
bjgilbert said:
Yeah, you post your car to Mo, he does the mods and then posts your car back, all for £30, not bad!!!!!!!!!

Steve B

;) :D :lol: :) :D :lol: :p

#21 ·
Birchall said:
Mojito said:
bjgilbert said:
Yeah, you post your car to Mo, he does the mods and then posts your car back, all for £30, not bad!!!!!!!!!

Steve B

;) :D :lol: :) :D :lol: :p
Its lines like that what make this forum great :lol:

#23 ·
comijmv said:
The italian guys have a "how to" for folding mirrors on locking. I have made the mod and it works :D
Have they got mirror dip working for those of us without heated mirrors?

#24 ·
triplefan said:
comijmv said:
The italian guys have a "how to" for folding mirrors on locking. I have made the mod and it works :D
Have they got mirror dip working for those of us without heated mirrors?
It doesn't work for pre may 2011 cars even if you have heated mirrors :(

#25 ·
Wow must get this done, my only question is... How do i find the month/week my car was made??
Also does VCDS says if i have the heated mirrors?? ( Wonder since it's in the checklist the dealer gave me before getting the car and i do have the heat mirror in the door panel).

Thanks in advance.!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.