Audi A1 Forum banner

Sat Nav

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  152bobby 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New member here. I own a BMW 1 Series E87 which has been modified quite a bit, my other half recently bought an Audi A1 3 Door in Metallic Blue. '60 plate. Lovely little car. It has the MMI pop up screen (generic google image):

As well as what I believe is the standard Audi MMI stereo, it looks like this (except she has manual heater controls, instead of auto/climate control):

On the car menu we've seen that is has Navigation but the navigation doesn't work, so we both assume that there is no navigation module connected.

How hard is it to retrofit navigation into these? I know more about OEM BMW system's that I do with Audi, hence joining and asking yourselves!

Thanks for any reply.

Sonic

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks like you have 2x SD slots, although only one is labelled...

Assuming both actually work the car has Nav already there, you just need to activate it and get the SD card with the maps on. This is a dealer only job (the activation has to be done on their computers linked to HQ), and you are looking at ~£500 - don't get duped into paying £650 if that's what the first dealer quotes you, shop around! You can also get them to double check the car spec's to be sure it is Nav capable as well.

P.S. I had an E88 135i DCT - awesome machine! Feel free to post in Other Marques a thread RE your E87 :)

#3 ·
josedebardi said:
It looks like you have 2x SD slots, although only one is labelled...

Assuming both actually work the car has Nav already there, you just need to activate it and get the SD card with the maps on. This is a dealer only job (the activation has to be done on their computers linked to HQ), and you are looking at ~£500 - don't get duped into paying £650 if that's what the first dealer quotes you, shop around! You can also get them to double check the car spec's to be sure it is Nav capable as well.

P.S. I had an E88 135i DCT - awesome machine! Feel free to post in Other Marques a thread RE your E87 :)
Thank you for your reply. It's a generic google image but her unit is pretty much the same (she has manual heating controls rather than climate control). It's a lovely little car. She wasn't really into Audi's but then saw the A1 and fell in love with it. How can I test that both work? I assume the SD Card slot can be used to play media or have I assumed wrong? I'll ask her to take a trip down to a few dealers to confirm that it is Nav capable.

I'll get a thread up of my E87 soon. I've had her for 2 years and I've been registered on BabyBMW for about the same time! Still haven't got a build thread up on there either!

#4 ·
Yea, just put an SD with some MP3's on to see if both slots do the job :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.