Album Artwork on SD Card in MMI

Re: Album Artwork on SD Card in MMI

Postby mrfaize » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Deleted
Last edited by mrfaize on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrfaize
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Postby doublev » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Amazing post.
I still need to find time and work my A1. And also find out whether or not this supports on my Black Edition 2.0TDi.

doublev
A1F Major Contributor

Postby spaceprobe » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 am

Good post, I put an SD card into my android phone. I put all the music on it, used the phones music player to put the album art on it. Then put the card into the mmi unit, music and art are all fine.
spaceprobe
A1F Newbee

Postby Doodlebug » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 am

josedebardi wrote:There are many ways, but so many people ask I thought I'd post a solution...

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to explain a fix for a common problem.
Doodlebug
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Blackhawk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:19 pm

doublev wrote:Amazing post.
I still need to find time and work my A1. And also find out whether or not this supports on my Black Edition 2.0TDi.

Yeah it will. All A1's with the MMI screen (with SD card slots) will or should work.

It is pretty easy, I even found that the majority of iTunes music will just copy straight over to the SD card. No issues with playing or artwork.
Blackhawk
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Nick185 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Bumping this as I wanted to recommend a program called TagScanner. I've just sorted all my music on my SD card and this program does everything you need and is completely free as well.

Not only does it batch rename all your files to whatever format you want from the ID3 tags so that the MMI shows exactly what you want, but it also has an ONLINE section where you can download artwork from various sources (I used Amazon.com) and automatically embed it to the mp3. Like this:

Also at the top of the screen you can set what size you want your artwork to be (from 200x200 up to 600x600) so that when it downloads it from Amazon (who usually have their art as 500x500) it automatically resizes it as you can see confirmed below in the EDIT section. I have mine set to 400x400 as that's what my RMC MMI supports.

You can also resize all your existing artwork with this function too if you select all files. Or you can load artwork from a file if you want to do it that way as well.

I renamed all my compilation playlists in the format "Artist - Title", and the albums by any artist as "Track number - Title" so that they show and play in order on the MMI. Any folders for just one artist but were random songs and not albums were done as "Title". The ID3 tags still show all the full information but the list on the MMI shows as what you set it to.

Awesome bit of software that I'd recommend to anyone, and as mentioned completely free.

Download it from here - http://www.xdlab.ru/en/
Last edited by Nick185 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAR: 2012 Glacier White A1 1.4 TFSI 185 Black Edition with 18 inch Rotor Alloys (Pics)
SPEC: Privacy Glass, A.S.S, Sat-Nav via SD, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry/Start, Xenons, RMC MMI with 2 SD slots.
MODS: 35mm H&R springs + H&R BlackDrive spacers (10mm front, 15mm rear). Stage 1 Remap to 210bhp, and S-tronic gearbox retune from CC Tuning - Coming Soon: Cat-back stainless exhaust.
Nick185
A1F Regular

Postby Nick185 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Oh and I'm using this SD card:

Integral 64GB UltimaPro X SDXC Card UHS-1 Class 10 U3 - 95MB/s Read, 90MB/s Write - £19.99

Extremely fast speeds for the money that.

I formatted it to FAT32 with the GUIFormat program, though it would only format with an allocation unit size of 512, nothing bigger.

Stuck it in the car with 2GB of music on it, copied from an old smaller card, and it took exactly 1 min 23 secs to read the card and play the first track.
CAR: 2012 Glacier White A1 1.4 TFSI 185 Black Edition with 18 inch Rotor Alloys (Pics)
SPEC: Privacy Glass, A.S.S, Sat-Nav via SD, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry/Start, Xenons, RMC MMI with 2 SD slots.
MODS: 35mm H&R springs + H&R BlackDrive spacers (10mm front, 15mm rear). Stage 1 Remap to 210bhp, and S-tronic gearbox retune from CC Tuning - Coming Soon: Cat-back stainless exhaust.
Nick185
A1F Regular

Postby Nick185 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Hmmmm. Just realised that it takes that long to read the SD card every single time I get in the car. I thought if I left it in there it'd already stay read each time. I may have to look at getting a smaller one instead. 64GB is great to have all the space but not if it's not very practical.
Nick185
A1F Regular

Postby Nick185 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm

As a workaround I've used a partition manager to resize the SD Card's partition to 4GB. I can always resize it to make it bigger from the now unallocated space as and when I fill it up more.

That's knocked the read time down to a much more manageable 10 seconds.

Windows Disk Management can't do the resizing unless you already have a partition and unallocated space on the drive. The program I used is called Ease US Partition Master and is free.
Nick185
A1F Regular

Postby lfcrule1972 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks for this - followed the guide, bought Bliss and it works perfectly on my S1 and my wife's A1
2015 Audi S1

Mythos Black, Quattro Styling Pack, Privacy Glass, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, High Gloss Black Styling Pack, Black Audi rings, Quattro Aluminium Gear knob, Cruise Control, DAB Radio, Adaptive Xenon headlights plus with LED daytime running lights, APR Stage 1 map - 336bhp/473nm (347 lb/feet), Eibach 15mm Spacers, GFB DVX
lfcrule1972
A1F Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Audi A1 How Too's