S1 VCDS Mods Thread

S1 VCDS Mods Thread

Postby josedebardi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm starting this thread as I had a play last night and it's clear the latest S1 is a bit different from the existing A1 in terms of mods available... This thread does exist viewtopic.php?t=4473 however it's very old, no longer being maintained and appears to not have any recent mods for MY14/15 cars, plus the most recent 20 pages are just a load of idle chit-chat and name calling.
Ideally if people can PM me only TESTED mods and their VCDS version and car MY they did the mod on I can update this OP without the thread getting full of crap - not sure if a mod can make it impossible for others to post in this thread in the interest of keeping it a clean list of tested mods!?

A warning to all!
I broke my headlight range control by accident, luckily I had saved the coding before I played and could restore it!
MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE EXISTING CODE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO IT!
What I did was try and enable the rear wiper teardrop wipe, the module accepted the code, but then set the whole byte to 00 - which effectively told the car it had no light/rain sensor and so caused the afore mentioned fault to come up on the DIS.
You have been warned!

I will happily send a scan of my car to any other VCDS experts to look at in helping to find current mods, I will also be sending one to Ross-Tech to see what they make of it.

I will update this OP with how to's as people post them to me or I find them...

Rear DRL's always on
I tried the 2 solutions in the existing VCDS thread but a) it doesn't work and b) it causes the sat nav to be in night mode all the time and the front dipped beam to be on all the time which is unacceptable to me.
The below works, and doesn't affect the sat nav auto day/night mode.

Tested on VCDS 14.10.1 / MY15 S1

09 Central Electronics > Long Coding - 07

Byte 18, set bit 0 to = 1 (the bit furthest to the right)
Ignore the dropdown box.

High Beam Assist activation/deactivation speed
I stumbled upon this and was REALLY pleased as it hacked me off that it was set too fast on my previous and now this Audi.

Tested on VCDS 14.8.1 / MY15 S1

20 High Beam Assist > Adaption - 10

Set the threshold speed you want the full beam to activate (default 60 kph), I set mine to 40 as it seems sensible and I seem to remember reading somewhere this is the lowest possible anyway.

Set the threshold speed you want the full beam to deactivate (default 40 kph), again, set mine to 20 as sensible and pretty sure its the lowest acceptable value anyway.

Auto headlights sensitivity
On other Audi's and indeed on my Mrs Skoda you can choose Early/Medium/Late as to when it will turn the lights on. This option is missing on my S1 and I'm sure it must be possible to add it but I couldn't find where! I did find a solution but it didn’t line up with what I saw in my coding. I’m going to read the coding on the Skoda in the hope I can figure it out if they use German efficenicy and have the same module!

Mirror fold on lock
Found this hidden in the old VCDS thread, works fine!
Folds on lock, unfolds on ignition on.
Note for Advanced Key users, you have to hold your finger on the handle lock pad for a second or so for them to fold, you can remove it as soon as they start to move.

Tested on VCDS 14.8.1 / MY15 S1

42 - Drivers Elec Door > Coding - 07
Change the 7th bit (counting from the right) to 1. You have to set this manually, there is no tick box in the current beta.

VIM - Video In Motion
Firstly, I do not think it's a clever idea to have any video playing whilst you are driving! I have enabled this because I have a box I want to fit which allows iPhone/Android mirroring onto the MMI screen via a video feed in - so you will be able to show Google Maps or Song info etc on the MMI screen if you lack factory sat nav or bluetooth streaming for example.

Tested on VCDS 14.10.1 / MY15 S1

5F - Infotainment > Advanced - 1A
Get the serial number and plug it into this site;
http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi- ... altung.php

Security Access - 16
Enter the 5 digit code the site gives you
It should say accepted

Adaption - 10
Channel 48
Set the value to the speed in km/h you want the video to be cut off - I set to the max 255

Reset the MMI with;
Tone+Center Button+Top Right soft key
Audi S1 Sportback (sold)
Vegas Yellow Brilliant Black Contrast Roof, 18" S Matt Black Alloys, Super Sports Seats, Yellow Backrest Covers/Contrast Stitching
Packages;
Quattro Exterior/Interior, Tech, High Gloss Black, Storage/Luggage
Includes; Quattro Roof Spoiler and Side Logo, Red Headlight Trim and Brake Calipers with S1 Logo, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel, Alloy Air Vent Sleeves with Red rings, HDD Sat Nav MMI with AMI
Options;
Advanced Key, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, BOSE Sound System, Cruise Control, Door Mirrors - Heated and Folding, Front Centre Armrest, Hill Hold Assist, Mobile Prep High - with Audi Connect, PDC - Front and Rear, Privacy Glass, Rear Floor Mats
Post delivery mods;
Wrap lower tailgate in black
DTUK FSR Tuning and Pedal boxes (284bhp/445Nm)
Reversing Camera
Other cars;
Audi RS3
Hyundia i10 Premium SE
Audi SQ5 (sold)

VCDS USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM for coding/mods in Dorset for beer/money :roll:
josedebardi
Site Admin

Advertisement

Postby josedebardi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:00 pm

This thread is locked to keep it as a clean list of known working VCDS mods.

If you have a tested mod on your S1, please PM me and I will update the first post with your credit.

Thanks.
Audi S1 Sportback (sold)
Vegas Yellow Brilliant Black Contrast Roof, 18" S Matt Black Alloys, Super Sports Seats, Yellow Backrest Covers/Contrast Stitching
Packages;
Includes; Quattro Roof Spoiler and Side Logo, Red Headlight Trim and Brake Calipers with S1 Logo, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel, Alloy Air Vent Sleeves with Red rings, HDD Sat Nav MMI with AMI
Options;
Advanced Key, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, BOSE Sound System, Cruise Control, Door Mirrors - Heated and Folding, Front Centre Armrest, Hill Hold Assist, Mobile Prep High - with Audi Connect, PDC - Front and Rear, Privacy Glass, Rear Floor Mats
Post delivery mods;
Reversing Camera
Other cars;
Audi RS3
Hyundia i10 Premium SE
Audi SQ5 (sold)

josedebardi
Site Admin

Re: S1 VCDS Mods Thread

Postby josedebardi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 pm

ADDITIONAL WARNING!!

Despite my OP mentioning the foobar I had with teardrop wipe and 'erasing' the rain/light sensor, 2 people have contacted me having done the same thing!

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENABLE TEARDROP WIPE!!!! IT DOES NOT WORK AND BREAKS YOUR CAR!
Audi S1 Sportback (sold)
Packages;
Options;
Post delivery mods;
Reversing Camera
Other cars;
Audi RS3
Hyundia i10 Premium SE
Audi SQ5 (sold)

josedebardi
Site Admin

Return to Audi A1 How Too's