Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:00 pm
Putting the A1 back to stock to sell, so this is for sale . 2011 Audi A1 1.6 TDI 105 BHP. CHIP EXPRESS TUNING BOX. Definately a marked improvement in POWER and better MPG on the factory setting 5. I have tweaked it to 7 in the past and WOW amazing. Had some great fun with this box. Very slight heat distortion to outer cable cover but does not effect in any way, just being honest. Comes with waterproof velcro case, £300 new,
£70.00 delivered. Please send e mail address for pics as im not sure how to upload. E bay item number 113228398763
Please see write up from the forum below.
Fitting of Chip Express pics & report
Postby monkey boy uk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:11 pm
OK, so I ordered the chip Express part on Monday am, it arrived at 10 today ( Tuesday ) read in instructions and then went out to the car to fit. Can I just say I am not technically minded or in any way a motor engineer!
1. Removed the engine cover ( just pops off )
2. Popped out the sensor plug on the end of the rail sensor ( pull clip back and it pulls off )
3. Clipped on the tuning cable to end of rail sensor and the Audi one taken out into a split cable slot ( see pic )
4. Clip on Chip Express box to end of split cable
3. Pop tuning box ( size of a pack of cards ) into the water resistant felt bag and Velcro to car ( see pic )
4. put engine cover back on
5. Start engine and test drive
I cant believe the difference in torque and BHP, the car pulls with no throttle delay and keeps pulling, I have not tested yet but I would guess its knocked 2 seconds on 0-60 figs and much quicker in all gears.
The unit comes set up for max mpg ( they recon it gives more mpg than standard set up ) but you can move the unit for + or -
I have been told that I should run the car for a few hundred miles while it re tunes itself, I can then move the BHP up to 140 plus but I think this would hinder the mpg a little, its currently set at about 132bhp
For £395 I feel this was money well spent and the car now seems much livelier and pulls better in all gears at all rpm