Citroen DS3

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Re: Citroen DS3

Postby butch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm

taconite2 wrote:I hated the purfume thing, made the car smell of flowers!

Shame the French can't build something decent...

What like a Micra!! ;)
185 in Amalfi with Amalfi contrast line .Xenons,Bose,Open sky roof,Dual zone climate,bose,cuise,heated seats,parking plus,folding mirrors,storage pack,armrest,tyre pressure monitor,flappy paddle wheel,comfort pack,service plan.Interior retrim in Nappa with Tan,tan airvent sleeves,18"polygon Alloys. Second build after misbuild. Quattro on order.Here! Sold!
butch
A1F Resident

Advertisement

Postby bob_s » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 pm

It was the plasticy feel of the ds3 that put me off it when I was looking about.

Be interesting to know the final verdict when you hand it back
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line 185PS, misano red and contrast line paint, 18" wheels, arm rest, audi sound upgrade, climate control, xenon lights, aluminium look air vents, flappy paddles steering wheel, heated and folding mirrors, delete engine tech, tyre pressure indicator, service plan, roof bars
bob_s
A1F Major Contributor

Postby XXXCorps » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:41 am

butch wrote:Hi mates ,them [email protected] is well rubbish innit!
Me micra will kill it for sure !
And there french man well crap.
:lol: :lol:

Got to say how much I really do enjoy Butch's posts and the atrocious spelling... Always a smile here!!
A3 1.8TFSi S-Line. Black Edition. Ibis White. RNS-E. iPod Dock. Parking Sensors. Phone Prep High.
XXXCorps
A1F Regular

Postby Jae » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Well, DS3 went back to Avis yesterday morning. Have to say, great engine, great suspension, great round the lanes. I got 45mpg out of it (according to the DIS), which I think would have struggled in the A1, and its a 1.6!!!

The car, overall, nah, its just not in the same league, quality wise. Feel safer in the A1 and you know that its not going to date quickly, unlike the DS3 with its quirky looks.

Its a "nice" car, but will be worth bugger all when it comes to resale in 3 years time, as a. its a Citroen, b. its french, c. quirky looks.

AUDI - WAKE UP, GET THE ECONOMY SORTED OUT ON THE 1.4's!!!
A1 1.4 TFSi S-Line | Amalfi White with Daytona Gray Contrast : S-Line Interior : Panoramic Roof : Wing Mirrors in Contrast colour : Xenon Plus : LED Rear Lights : LED Interior Lights : Comfort Pack : Connectivity Pack with SD Sat Nav : Multifunction Steering Wheel : Audi Sound : Climate Control : Technology Badge Removed : 17" 5 Spoke S-Line Summer Wheels : 16" 7 Spoke Dynamic Winter Wheels
MODS: Alu OEM Pedal Covers :: 160PS TMC Tuning :: VCDS (Needle Swoop / Fog Lights on Cornering) :: Bonnet Insulation
Jae
Site Admin

Postby taconite2 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:15 pm

If you can afford an Audi you can afford the fuel :-p
Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-line
Amalfi White | 5yr service plan
Ordered Summer 2010 | Delivered A1 Launch day November 2010
taconite2
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Oobla » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 pm

taconite2 wrote:If you can afford an Audi you can afford the fuel :-p

Is that the general opinion on buying an Audi? I see a lot of young drivers and I'm youngish too driving white Fiesta's Vauxhalls. But in my own view, you pay the extra price for an Audi but it feels and looks 10 times better and gets a different sort of look of approval than the common cars that are constantly out there. Got loads of thumbs up around central London last week!
61 TDI S-Line Almalfi | 18" Twins | Xenon's | Comfort Pack | SD SAT Nav | Climate Control | Parking Plus | Connectivity Pack | LED Interior Lights | Dimming Mirror | Free Rear Mats | Service Plan | Extended Warranty | Lifeshine
Oobla
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Mikecruse » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 pm

taconite2 wrote:If you can afford an Audi you can afford the fuel :-p

£100 a top up by the beginning of 2015 is the latest prediction!
Nissan 350z GT Midnight Blue
313hp 3.5litre V6
Mikecruse
A1F Major Contributor

Postby beastmaster » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I dropped into a Citroen garage before as this is supposed to be the great A1 rival. I just though I'd check it out and see how much better the A1 is.

To cut a long story short

"Would sir like to take the car for a test drive?"
"No".
"Oh!".
A1 1.6 TDI, Glacier White, Xenon Light Pack, LED Interior Light Pack, Electronic Climate Control, Bose, Dynamic Suspension, Connectivity Package, 'dynamic’ design alloy wheels, Audi Parking System Plus, Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator & 5 Year Service

Ordered : 16/12/2012
Picked up: 20/03/2012
Verdict: AWESOME!!!!
beastmaster
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Mojito » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Its not very nice close up then? Ive only seen them from a distance.
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Postby beastmaster » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm

No, they're just a bit too much. I like the elegance of the Audi cabin, how it's designed and laid out.

What struck me about the DS3 is just how much it screams "Look at me!". It's almost like they've tried to design a spaceship. Personally, I think they've really overdone it on the chrome on the interior. Too many contrasting colours on the dash when lit.

Other people have said it here but it doesn't feel sturdy. Citroen still seem to have massive reliability issues as well but it comes with 3 years manufacturers warranty etc.

What it does have is everything and the kitchen sink in there. I was in a limited edition model which cost about 15K. It had the lot in there. Probably as much as a fully loaded A1.

Maybe it's me but it seems to be aimed at a much younger market and not someone in his early forties.
Last edited by beastmaster on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A1 1.6 TDI, Glacier White, Xenon Light Pack, LED Interior Light Pack, Electronic Climate Control, Bose, Dynamic Suspension, Connectivity Package, 'dynamic’ design alloy wheels, Audi Parking System Plus, Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator & 5 Year Service

Ordered : 16/12/2012
Picked up: 20/03/2012
Verdict: AWESOME!!!!
beastmaster
A1F Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)