Citroen DS3

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Citroen DS3

Postby Jae » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 pm

All,

I have a Citroen DS3 on hire for the week, and have to say its a little "plastic" to say the least. Bloody aweful to be honest.

The car itself, nice engine, pokey :) Boot is cavernous, to say the least!!!

Only just picked it up, so more to follow.

Cheers

Jae
A1 1.4 TFSi S-Line | Amalfi White with Daytona Gray Contrast : S-Line Interior : Panoramic Roof : Wing Mirrors in Contrast colour : Xenon Plus : LED Rear Lights : LED Interior Lights : Comfort Pack : Connectivity Pack with SD Sat Nav : Multifunction Steering Wheel : Audi Sound : Climate Control : Technology Badge Removed : 17" 5 Spoke S-Line Summer Wheels : 16" 7 Spoke Dynamic Winter Wheels
MODS: Alu OEM Pedal Covers :: 160PS TMC Tuning :: VCDS (Needle Swoop / Fog Lights on Cornering) :: Bonnet Insulation
Jae
Site Admin

Advertisement

Citroen DS3

Postby rghealth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Is it a ds3 racing mate or the 150?

www.rghealth.co.uk
Phantom black 1.4tfsi 185 with 18 inch alloys. Black styling kit with xenon plus headlights. Paddleshift. Led drls front and rear. Privacy glass comfort pack and connectivity pack
rghealth
A1F Major Contributor

Re: Citroen DS3

Postby taconite2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Yeah I test drove a ds3 last year. It's good for a citroen, was quick but it rattled like a toy. I didn't like the quirky interior either.

Overall it's not a competitor to the A1 it's too overpriced

150 was similar price to my A1, yet on finance was £50 more a month. This was due to the fact it will drop in value quicker than the A1. Salesman couldn't believe the quote I received from Audi claiming it wasn't possible to sell a car that cheap hehe
Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-line
Amalfi White | 5yr service plan
Ordered Summer 2010 | Delivered A1 Launch day November 2010
taconite2
A1F Major Contributor

Postby butch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

Hi mates ,them [email protected] is well rubbish innit!
Me micra will kill it for sure !
And there french man well crap.
:lol: :lol:
185 in Amalfi with Amalfi contrast line .Xenons,Bose,Open sky roof,Dual zone climate,bose,cuise,heated seats,parking plus,folding mirrors,storage pack,armrest,tyre pressure monitor,flappy paddle wheel,comfort pack,service plan.Interior retrim in Nappa with Tan,tan airvent sleeves,18"polygon Alloys. Second build after misbuild. Quattro on order.Here! Sold!
butch
A1F Resident

Postby ONE » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Not a fan of the LEDs on the front, myself. Must be the only car in Europe where they're on sideways, find myself turning my head every time one comes towards me :lol:
ONE
A1F Major Contributor

Postby AONE » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Still on the DS3, I don't like the position of those LEDs as they make the car look wider than it is (to me anyway!)
Audi A1, a grey one.
AONE
A1F Major Contributor

Postby gadgetgirl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Never liked the look of the DS3 - too quirky. It's not serious. It'll go outta fashion and look dated really quickly.
A1's far more sophisticated and timeless in my opinion.

It doesn't surprise me to hear the DS3 is rattly or plasticy. :-/

1.4 TFSI S Line (122PS 6 speed)
Cumulus Blue | Black styling pack | Xenon Plus Headlights | Privacy glass | 18" Polygon alloys
Aluminium air vents | Aluminium pedals | Technology pack | Electronic climate control
Heated seats | Heated and folding wing mirrors | Tyre pressure indicator | Luggage pack | 5yr service plan
Ordered: 10th July | Build week: 38 | Collected: 29th October
gadgetgirl
A1F Major Contributor

Postby taconite2 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 pm

gadgetgirl wrote:Never liked the look of the DS3 - too quirky. It's not serious. It'll go outta fashion and look dated really quickly.

I think the car will fall apart well before that - if I was on a 3 year finance deal i'd be worried what state it would be handed back in!
Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-line
taconite2
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jae » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:51 pm

LEDS turn OFF if you put the side lights on!!!

Dash is a mess, with 2 dials in white, then a third LED based one in ORANGE!

Its the 150 I believe. There is a bloomin perfume thing next to the middle vents - looks like a ciggie lighter, facing the passenger. Really odd.

Lets not start on the reflections all over the plastic dash elements.

Neat thing about the A1, the indicators on the wing mirrors, which you can see from inside - really missed that.

The indicator "tic tac" is bloody aweful.

The suspension and engine however, a hoot around the lanes!!! Have to say, far more economical too than the 1.4 122ps, which I think needs to be addressed by Audi, sooner rather than later - especially in this day and age of austerity.
A1 1.4 TFSi S-Line | Amalfi White with Daytona Gray Contrast : S-Line Interior : Panoramic Roof : Wing Mirrors in Contrast colour : Xenon Plus : LED Rear Lights : LED Interior Lights : Comfort Pack : Connectivity Pack with SD Sat Nav : Multifunction Steering Wheel : Audi Sound : Climate Control : Technology Badge Removed : 17" 5 Spoke S-Line Summer Wheels : 16" 7 Spoke Dynamic Winter Wheels
MODS: Alu OEM Pedal Covers :: 160PS TMC Tuning :: VCDS (Needle Swoop / Fog Lights on Cornering) :: Bonnet Insulation
Jae
Site Admin

Postby taconite2 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm

I hated the purfume thing, made the car smell of flowers!

Shame the French can't build something decent...
Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-line
taconite2
A1F Major Contributor

Next

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)