Why don't you like it Ken?
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Re: Evoque

Postby KenL » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 am

I am Just not a fan of 4x4 cars, the way they look, how they are driven (when was the last time you saw a Range Rover or Q7 on the inside lane?), the image they project etc.

Most people who own them don't need them. Leave them to the farmers, not people protecting their kids in a tank. If you need 4 wheel drive car for the snow, Just get a Panda 4x4 or a 4 motion Golf etc. If you need the space get an estate car that doesn't weigh 3 tonnes and burns fuel by the tonne.

The Evoke Just looks like a (bad) fashion statement to me.
KenL
A1F Regular

Evoque

Postby cathorpe » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:55 am

Actually as 4x4s go it is relatively economical. I hardly think is can be compared to full blown RR or Q7 and in perspective when was the last time you saw a £50+k in the slow lane anyway regardless? or is this a big/expensive "car" gripe?

The evoque fills a gap in the Market take it or leave it. There are always irresponsible owners who don't "need" what they buy the definition of the chelsea tractor, but in terms of an irresponsible purchase would it be any different to a RS1/S1 or whatever discussed on this forum for example you don't need all that power but it's really nice to have!

I use a LR Defender regularly because I need to. I don't think a panda 4x4 would be able to do what I need It to do where as an Evoque might.

They are not for me but doesn't mean I don't like them.
Proud owner of a 1.6Tdi S-Line | scuba blue | super sport seats | silk nappa leather | bose | comfort pack | climate control | bluetooth low prep | storage pack | technology pack | tyre pressure monitor | xenon | 18" 7 arm alloys
cathorpe
A1F Major Contributor

Postby ONE » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 am

MOJITO!!!!!! Saw this and thought of you! An A1 next to an Evoque!!! :lol:

ONE
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Mojito » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Ohhh nice! One day my friend, one day! ;)
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Evoque

Postby rghealth » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Mojito wrote:Ohhh nice! One day my friend, one day! ;)

Today!!!! I drove past range rover today and saw top of the range evoque advertised for £249 per month. Went in to see details. Range rover finance deal. Only needed £10k deposit. Hahahahabaha.

www.rghealth.co.uk
Phantom black 1.4tfsi 185 with 18 inch alloys. Black styling kit with xenon plus headlights. Paddleshift. Led drls front and rear. Privacy glass comfort pack and connectivity pack
rghealth
A1F Major Contributor

Evoque

Postby Mikecruse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:33 pm

rghealth wrote:

Today!!!! I drove past range rover today and saw top of the range evoque advertised for £249 per month. Went in to see details. Range rover finance deal. Only needed £10k deposit. Hahahahabaha.

http://www.rghealth.co.uk

haha 10k deposit... Let's be honest of you've got 10k lying around you're not going to get an evoque are you!
Nissan 350z GT Midnight Blue
313hp 3.5litre V6
Mikecruse
A1F Major Contributor

Evoque

Postby rghealth » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:42 pm

I know. I thought it was funny them advertising it for £249 a month. Lol

That's like advertising a house worth a million quid for £249 a month. Deposit £975000. Lol

www.rghealth.co.uk
Phantom black 1.4tfsi 185 with 18 inch alloys. Black styling kit with xenon plus headlights. Paddleshift. Led drls front and rear. Privacy glass comfort pack and connectivity pack
rghealth
A1F Major Contributor

Postby ONE » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Mikecruse wrote:
rghealth wrote:

http://www.rghealth.co.uk

haha 10k deposit... Let's be honest of you've got 10k lying around you're not going to get an evoque are you!

If I had 10k laying around i'd just go and buy a 54 plate Range Rover out right :lol:
ONE
A1F Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)