Audi S3 vs Golf R

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Re: Audi S3 vs Golf R

Postby Pulp84 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:41 pm

GRE57Y wrote:They've offered £500 deposit contribution added to my £1,000 and free Sat Nav as well... And my A1 is in negative equity due to higher than anticipated mileage which they're happy to cover the difference.

Shopping around though if i place an order and I'm prepared to wait i could save £17/month on repayments. I wish I wasn't so impatient but I don't like the risk of the equity gap getting too large :(

Ah ok - the last deal I managed to negotiate was to get about £1200 of the car and £500 towards the deposit. I have a £1000 odd equity in my car which I'm pleased with.

What spec you going for? I'm looking at S3 SB s-tronic, comfort pack, LED headlights, privacy glass, audi sound system, interior lights. Approx £35,000.

Can I ask what sort of deal you been getting on the finance in terms of deposit, balloon, monthly repayments etc ?
A1 185 Black Edition (sadly gone - not forgotten)

Now driving - S3 Sportback (wow....just wow!)
Pulp84
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Postby GRE57Y » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Wow that sounds like a good deal- wish I could afford all those extras! Mines going to be a standard 3dr Manual as it's right at the top of my budget and couldn't go any higher....

£1500 deposit
£466/month x 48
20k miles p/a
Balloon payment near £12.5k

What's your thoughts? Be good to know :)
1.4TFSI S-Tronic | Black Edition - Phantom Black
GRE57Y
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Pulp84 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Sounds nice! What colour?

One thing you might want to look at again is the mileage your quoting. From sounds of it your trading in your A1 early and therefore any milage agreement is now irrelevant as your trading it in. If you are likely to swap your S3 before the end of the agreement then you can reduce your mileage quoted and have cheaper repayments. I suspect if you went down to 8000 miles. P.A your monthly repayments will come right down to £400 odd You could either have lower monthly payments or have some extras for the same repayment amount you have already quoted maybe.

When you quote a high mileage P.A on the finance they adjust the final balloon accordingly to reflect the car being on 80,000 miles and wear and tear. So you pay for this in higher repayments.

In 10 years of doing these PCP finance deals I was caught out initially as quoted a high mileage but always traded in well before the end of the agreement. Wasted £1,000s lol.

If the above makes sense ask them to requote the finance - you might be surprised with how much you can save!

Pulp84
A1F Major Contributor

Postby GRE57Y » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 am

Oh really?! You should write a book! Or at least have a "How to" sticky!

May well be worth a look at then, my concern is keeping the equity at a reasonable level though? For instance, my current A1 has a 5k mile p.a agreement and at only 21months I'm at 16k miles as I use it for work now (but didn't when I signed up).
I'll definitely check out the lower mileage quotes though! Which dealership do you use?
GRE57Y
A1F Major Contributor

Postby GRE57Y » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:13 am

Oh yeah- Brilliant black lol
GRE57Y
A1F Major Contributor

Postby GRE57Y » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:10 pm

So today the depoist was paid. Took your advice on lowering the annual mileage quote and also managed to get half-price Audi-service plan as well. Collecting the Car on Monday!
Can't wait, it'll be like Christmas has come early!
GRE57Y
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jenny19 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Post some photos once you've got it!
Used to Own:
1.4 Sport TFSI Amplified Red
5 year warranty, 5 year service pack, 17” ‘5-arm’ design bi-colour alloys, black headlining, climate control, heated front seats, LED interior, black roof line, Xenons, cruise control, folding and heated door mirrors, hill hold assist, rain and light sensors, flat tyre warning indicator, delete rear badges, technology pack, front centre armrest, tinted windows.
Now own:
Mk7 Golf R 3 door DSG in Lapiz blue, 19" Pretoria Alloys, HDD sat nav, keyless entry
Jenny19
A1F Resident

Postby Pulp84 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 pm

GRE57Y wrote:So today the depoist was paid. Took your advice on lowering the annual mileage quote and also managed to get half-price Audi-service plan as well. Collecting the Car on Monday!
Can't wait, it'll be like Christmas has come early!

Wow well done! That's very quick, guessing it was one in stock or a demonstrator? Glad you could get your repayments down! Enjoy and make sure you post some pics!! 8-)

Pulp84
A1F Major Contributor

Postby GRE57Y » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks Pulp84!

Yeah, it was one they had in stock. Not many around the country to be honest. I'm trying to upload pics but the file size is too large? not sure how I get round this?
GRE57Y
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Mojito » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 pm

GRE57Y wrote:Thanks Pulp84!

Yeah, it was one they had in stock. Not many around the country to be honest. I'm trying to upload pics but the file size is too large? not sure how I get round this?

Tapatalk App
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)