A5???

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

A5???

Postby Bartlett88 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:52 pm

I no its not the right place but who cares....

Does anyone know if the A5 is due an update?

Thanks
61 Plate, Tdi S line Glacier White, Bi Xenons Inc DRLs, Bose Sound system, Climate Control with Auto lights and wipers, 18' inch alloys.

Love it! The only thing that could make it better is a 185 engine!
Bartlett88
A1F Resident

Advertisement

Re: A5???

Postby chrischr » Thu May 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Yes it is:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111050433123/2012-audi-s5-sportback-facelift-spied
http://www.worldcarfans.com/111040831319/audi-s5-facelift-spied-undisguised

Apparently it will have a new front-end (alas A7) and new rear lights. Don't know anything about the interior.

This means that my A5 will be old now :cry:

His: 2010 A5 Sportback 2.0TDI 170, S-Line
Phantom Black, Black Perforated Alcantara/Leather interior, 19" 5 segment-spoke ally wheels, Xenon Plus...

Hers: 2011 A1 1.2TFSI, Ambition
Amalfi White, Red-Black milano leather interior, 17" 5-spoke V design alloys, Extended coloured interior elements mono.pur, Air vent sleeve high-gloss red, Headlining in black cloth, Xenon Plus...
chrischr
A1F Regular

Postby kuro » Thu May 26, 2011 2:59 pm

The A4 is due a facelift in 2012 along with the A5.
Phantom Black TDI
kuro
A1F Newbee

Postby bob_s » Thu May 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Good job i am trading my A5 in.

:)

Hope they dont do to much to the style, I still think the A5 looks a real beauty, such nice lines and I think it looks great from every angle.

Of course that just the Coupe, I am not sure I acknoweldge the existence of the 5 door version, sorry chrischr, even if it is 3" longer
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line 185PS, misano red and contrast line paint, 18" wheels, arm rest, audi sound upgrade, climate control, xenon lights, aluminium look air vents, flappy paddles steering wheel, heated and folding mirrors, delete engine tech, tyre pressure indicator, service plan, roof bars
bob_s
A1F Major Contributor

Postby chrischr » Thu May 26, 2011 8:36 pm

It is like that for some.my view is that it combines the practicality of the A4 with the looks of the A5, which is a win. There is no other 4-door car in the market right now that I would buy.(excluding Porsche & Aston Martin). We have a child on the way and the 2 extra doors are a must.:-)

Phantom Black, Black Perforated Alcantara/Leather interior, 19" 5 segment-spoke ally wheels, Xenon Plus...

Amalfi White, Red-Black milano leather interior, 17" 5-spoke V design alloys, Extended coloured interior elements mono.pur, Air vent sleeve high-gloss red, Headlining in black cloth, Xenon Plus...
chrischr
A1F Regular

Postby bob_s » Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 pm

The 5 door A5 is a really nice looking car and i'd agree there arn't many cars that can beet it for looks and quality, but its the strange thing where i love the A5 coupe looks and bought it when it was the only version, so I almost begrudge audi building any other variants.

Wonder if i'll think the same with the a1 3 door and proposed 5 door.

Nice alloys an your A5 by the way
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line 185PS, misano red and contrast line paint, 18" wheels, arm rest, audi sound upgrade, climate control, xenon lights, aluminium look air vents, flappy paddles steering wheel, heated and folding mirrors, delete engine tech, tyre pressure indicator, service plan, roof bars
bob_s
A1F Major Contributor

Postby chrischr » Fri May 27, 2011 5:52 am

bob_s wrote:Nice alloys an your A5 by the way

Thnx.

I know what you mean about the variants. I felt the same way about the A3 when the sportback first came out. It just did not have the same mean look. And I think i'll feel the same way about the facelift A5.

In Cyprus the A5 Sportback is not a common car. I've only seen 4 or 5 in the roads. It's funny when people look at the car assuming it is the coupe and then turn their heads around second and third time when they see the rear doors :D

chrischr
A1F Regular

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)