What's the nicest car you've ever seen in the flesh?

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Re: What's the nicest car you've ever seen in the flesh?

Postby hilly10 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:42 pm

My mates Feza 61 Testerosa totally original not only seen it also been for a drive in it

White S Line TDI Bose
hilly10
A1F Regular

Advertisement

Postby Steve2211 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Cobra.jpg
Cobra.jpg (99.85 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

Sorry to break with convention folks... but for me there is no 'modern' car that can beat this for sheer beauty. I was fortunate enough to be able to touch this car... to sit in it... but alas not to drive it away! I'm not afraid to admit it made me drool! And for those that have no idea what this is (there may be a few I guess!) .. this is the drop-dead gorgeous AC Cobra 427 - 7 litre big block Ford V8 - which developed over 400bhp pre-tuned! You could literally count the revs at it ticked over... the ground vibrating under your feet... and the sound when you floor the throttle is something you can't describe!
I'd even sacrifice my A1 for this! Read it and weep!! 8-)
Steve2211
A1F Newbee

Postby hilly10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Steve2211 wrote:
Cobra.jpg

Sorry to break with convention folks... but for me there is no 'modern' car that can beat this for sheer beauty. I was fortunate enough to be able to touch this car... to sit in it... but alas not to drive it away! I'm not afraid to admit it made me drool! And for those that have no idea what this is (there may be a few I guess!) .. this is the drop-dead gorgeous AC Cobra 427 - 7 litre big block Ford V8 - which developed over 400bhp pre-tuned! You could literally count the revs at it ticked over... the ground vibrating under your feet... and the sound when you floor the throttle is something you can't describe!
I'd even sacrifice my A1 for this! Read it and weep!! 8-)

I concur a total work of art
White S Line TDI Bose
hilly10
A1F Regular

Postby RichardD » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:11 pm

I have one of those in my garage

on my Xbox. :(
RichardD
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Nicki » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 pm

^^ :lol: No harm in dreaming ;)

I'm a fan of the classics rather than more modern cars, but that McLaren was just... stunning. Part of it was probably the fact I wasn't expecting to see anything like that on the motorway, but it really was something else!

That Ferrari is just a little bit special hilly! Modern Ferrari's just don't seem to have that same finesse that the older ones had. :|

A friends Dad had an AC Cobra but I never got to see it. Gutted really - apparently it was fully restored and cost him more than I paid for my house apparently!

Got a couple of older cars in my family - my Dad has a Stingray and my Uncle has a Lotus Cortina - but they're not even close to being in the same league as the cars posted in this thread! :lol:
Nicki
A1F Major Contributor

Postby shmee150 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Some of the rarest cars I've seen are below; videos from my YouTube channel that you can find here

Aston Martin One-77:

Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster:

McLaren Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss:

Koenigsegg CCXR Special One:

McLaren F1 GTR:

Gumballa Ferrari Enzo MIG-U1:

GTbyCitroen:

Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir:

I think I got a bit carried away with pasting links there! I don't really know what's rarest and that isn't anywhere near all of the special cars I've seen!
shmee150
A1F Newbee

Postby madant_uk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:22 pm

The best car i have ever seen has got to be my favourite car of all time, definatly not to everyones taste but a totally awesome car, not the fastest but the best in my opinion
A1 1.4T Sport | Amalfi White | Competition Line Interior & Exterior | Xenon Plus, Connectivity Pack, BOSE | Got It, LOVE IT!!!! :-D TMC Tuning Box | BMC OTA Custom Air Filter | Bilstein B14 Coilovers |German Number Plates | Custom Exhaust | Bonnet Bra | VW Golf Wheels In Orange Fitted With Toyo R888 Semi Slicks | 25mm Front Wheel Spacers | 35mm Rear Wheel Spacers | 22mm Uprated Front ARB | 24mm Uprated Rear ARB | Coming Soon! Liquid Gauge | TT 312mm Front Brakes
http://www.youtube.com/user/madantuk
madant_uk
A1F Major Contributor

Previous

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)