What's the nicest car you've ever seen in the flesh?

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

What's the nicest car you've ever seen in the flesh?

Postby Nicki » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Was on the M25 on Sunday evening when a McLaren came hurtling past me. Oh. My. Goodness. :o

Looked it up on the DVLA website and it's 3800cc according to them with no CO2 figure listed, so I'm assuming it's an import or a demo car that I've been lucky enough to spot on the road? :?

When I checked it out on google image search, it looked more like this:

Than this:

Have I spotted a McLaren F2?!?
Nicki
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Re: What's the nicest car you've ever seen in the flesh?

Postby AONE » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm

A couple of years ago I saw a Bugatti Veyron with, I think, German plates on it, containing a middle aged couple. It was two tone red & sliver. Smart.

Apart from that I am quite happy if I see an S8!
Audi A1, a grey one.
AONE
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Chelmersteve » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Nicki, the latest McLaren road car is the MP4 - pics here http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/uk/def ... x#/gallery
Now: A3 1.4 Sport S-tronic with Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior light pack, model/engine badge deletion, service.
Was:1.4 S-Line, S-Tronic with paddles, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Heated / Folding Mirrors, Climate Control, Connectivity Pack, DAB radio, Xenons / LEDs, Stowage Pack, Luggage Pack, model/engine badge deletion.
Mods: Stainless steel pedal caps, spacesaver spare wheel.
Chelmersteve
A1F Major Contributor

Postby MDPlatts » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Ditto - a veyron - but the most recent was an Audi R8 about 30 minutes ago - all black (body, wheels, windows - everything) - it had a 60'plate on it too - so its only a couple of weeks old or less. It was the V10 model too - £130K+ I'm guessing.

That McLaren could have been the new MP4-12C they are bringing out - but I guess if you have the money, then they will make you anything you want. Theres video's on their website of Jenson and Lewis designing theirs (thats if Jenson has sold his Veyron yet).

M.
MDPlatts
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Chelmersteve » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Pagani Zonda has to be a candidate
Now: A3 1.4 Sport S-tronic with Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior light pack, model/engine badge deletion, service.
Was:1.4 S-Line, S-Tronic with paddles, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Heated / Folding Mirrors, Climate Control, Connectivity Pack, DAB radio, Xenons / LEDs, Stowage Pack, Luggage Pack, model/engine badge deletion.
Mods: Stainless steel pedal caps, spacesaver spare wheel.
Chelmersteve
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Nicki » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Ooooh, thats the one! Seemed strange that DVLA doesn't list a CO2 figure for it... also showing that RFL is £205 per year - which is the same as my lupo!

A friend of mine overtook a Veyron on an autobahn in Stuttgart - he's never been happier. Admittedly, it was raining and he was doing about 80mph and the Veyron was doing about 70mph at the time... :lol:
Nicki
A1F Major Contributor

Postby RichardD » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:12 am

I overtook an R8 on my Vespa last week. ;)

Some years back I remember being pretty excited about a Porsche modified Audi Avant, huge carrera alloys and the logo red calipers.
RichardD
A1F Major Contributor

Postby AONE » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:57 am

Aha yes the lovely RS2! They still go for about £15K even with over 100,000 miles on the clock. What's the stat on those cars.... is it faster to 60 than a Maclaren F1?
Audi A1, a grey one.
AONE
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jae » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

now that is nice

A1 1.4 TFSi S-Line | Amalfi White with Daytona Gray Contrast : S-Line Interior : Panoramic Roof : Wing Mirrors in Contrast colour : Xenon Plus : LED Rear Lights : LED Interior Lights : Comfort Pack : Connectivity Pack with SD Sat Nav : Multifunction Steering Wheel : Audi Sound : Climate Control : Technology Badge Removed : 17" 5 Spoke S-Line Summer Wheels : 16" 7 Spoke Dynamic Winter Wheels
MODS: Alu OEM Pedal Covers :: 160PS TMC Tuning :: VCDS (Needle Swoop / Fog Lights on Cornering) :: Bonnet Insulation
Jae
Site Admin

Postby RichardD » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Ooh, quite like the rusty orange too, saw a new polo in that colour today. I wonder if the LED lights are only available on the S line? ;)
Googled the RS2 and how dated does it look now?!
RichardD
A1F Major Contributor

Next

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)