Mercedes A Class

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Re: Mercedes A Class

Postby pellow48 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Went today and drove the A200 automatic and was really disapointed!

It is nice, however, they have really let it down on a few areas. No one can argue that the front of the car is amazing, although this soon goes once you walk around the car.

The back isnt striking and the interior is ok. It is a car that looks fantastic if you had the top spec version but anything less and it struggles to impress.

I was 100% set on ordering it but have chosen to go for the new 1 series instead...
1.4 sline s tronic in Glacier white (with paddles!!). Comfort pack, connectivity pack, xenon lights, advance key, arm rest, tyre indicator, heat seats, service plan, tyre insurance, 18 inch alloys
pellow48
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Postby namster » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Was the automatic slow compared to the dsg ? It seems to be a common issue with the new A class

pellow48 wrote:Went today and drove the A200 automatic and was really disapointed!

It is nice, however, they have really let it down on a few areas. No one can argue that the front of the car is amazing, although this soon goes once you walk around the car.

The back isnt striking and the interior is ok. It is a car that looks fantastic if you had the top spec version but anything less and it struggles to impress.

I was 100% set on ordering it but have chosen to go for the new 1 series instead...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by namster on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
62 Plate-SportBack S-tronic S-Line, Daytona Grey, Week 34 Build, Extras: SD-Nav, Xenons, Armrest, Folding Mirrors
namster
A1F Major Contributor

Postby pellow48 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 pm

The Automatic was ok actually, however, i never really planted my foot. It was just a very boring drive
1.4 sline s tronic in Glacier white (with paddles!!). Comfort pack, connectivity pack, xenon lights, advance key, arm rest, tyre indicator, heat seats, service plan, tyre insurance, 18 inch alloys
pellow48
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Spider » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm

I was in a dealers Monday and mentioned I quite like the A class
The tech went on to tell me the the engines are Renault
Like it was some sort of good selling point
2.0 tdi black edition
Brilliant black
Spider
A1F Resident

Postby pellow48 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm

The A class is meant to be a step up from the A one but i felt so happy getting back in mine!
pellow48
A1F Major Contributor

Postby namster » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:54 pm

New A-class A45 Amg has been launched. It looks great but can't imagine it being under 30k :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u8-HsdFT8M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
62 Plate-SportBack S-tronic S-Line, Daytona Grey, Week 34 Build, Extras: SD-Nav, Xenons, Armrest, Folding Mirrors
namster
A1F Major Contributor

Postby dc240969 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:50 am

l just sold my A45 AMG. Who drives a 50k car when they are out of work, a drug dealer l suppose. l couldnt fault the interior, with the optioned amg executive pack l had. Load of power, especially when using a piggy back map and CAI. But, its not set up to drive properly. Give l a good ragg and the front end goes all soft and light. l sold mine to put pennies in the bank and bought a tt 3.2 with 13500 miles on it. The TT holds the road much better and l got my grin factor back. Wishing l hadnt sold the S3 for the Merc. Sorely missed the first series R32. If your wondering why lm here, l bought an A1 for my daugther and need to do some home work.
dc240969
A1F Newbee

Previous

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)