your current car

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

your current car

Postby mmdrew » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Nothing wrong with the Sport 16" alloys IMHO, not ugly at all and they don't look pathetically small on the A1.
TDI Sport, Solid Black, black/titanium interior, comfort pack, interior LED pack, lifeshine, service plan
mmdrew
A1F Regular

Advertisement

Re: your current car

Postby crosbydavid91 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:05 pm

My previous car was a 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 Diesel, while it was more economical, the built quality was a bit rough and the electrics were always playing up. One thing i do miss however the AC in the glovebox, but my A1 is great.

We also had a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI, that again fantastic fuel economy but we had too many problems with it, turbo was always breaking down and service light kept coming on, so we sold it before we took delivery of the A1.
Brilliant Black, 1.2 TFSI Sport, 5 Yr Service Plan, Rear Carpet Mats, 7 Arm Dynamic Winter Wheels - Dunlop Wintersport 3D Tyres - VCD's Needle Swoop, Auto-Dipping Passenger Mirror, Rear "Teardrop" Wiper, Corner Assisting Fog Lights
crosbydavid91
A1F Major Contributor

Postby MrMurphy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:40 pm

I've got a BMW E46 M3 convertible, had it since new. Been an absolutely fantastic car, but after 7 years I'm ready to get something smaller and a lot cheaper to run.

Postby bob_s » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:44 pm

My Current Cay is an Audi A5 1.8 TFSI Sport

I cant justify having a nice big car when I now walk to work.

The A1, smaller, cheaper and faster, sounds like the perfect compromise
Attachments
my current a5.jpg
My Audi A5
my current a5.jpg (43.27 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line 185PS, misano red and contrast line paint, 18" wheels, arm rest, audi sound upgrade, climate control, xenon lights, aluminium look air vents, flappy paddles steering wheel, heated and folding mirrors, delete engine tech, tyre pressure indicator, service plan, roof bars
bob_s
A1F Major Contributor

Postby rajtamarind » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 pm

I sold my VW Eos( to someone in the family) and replaced it with the A1. Whilst I love the A1, I have to say I felt slight pangs of regret when the sun was out this weekend. On the plus side I can still travel in the Eos now and again as it is still in the family...... :)
1.4TFSI s-line, s-tronic, Bose,DIS, tech pack, advance key,scuba blue/silver contrast,HDD satnav,heated seats, heated/folding mirrors,light /rain sensors. Xenon plus, park plus,electronic climate control.
rajtamarind
A1F Regular

Postby audiman » Fri May 06, 2011 2:13 am

I am a bit of a Audi fanatic, cant help my self (help please) 1972 Audi 100 coupe s 1999 A6 2.4 se dutifully car had it from new, 2001 TT Roadster had from new and you guest it the Audi A1 1.6 TDI that I pick up on the 11th. :|
audiman
A1F Newbee

Postby Swg79 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:26 am

What am I losing...

Bose
270bhp
Quattro
Fine nappa leather
Leather interior pack
S-tronic
19s Star alloy (that look similar to the A1 sline alloys curiously)
Storage Pack (I completely forgot to order this for the A1)
£50 a week fuel bill (hopefully)
£235 Road Tax
Group 19/38 insurance
Stunning Looks (and being a TT it's ubiquity)

Gaining

£370 a month extra!
Cheaper fuel costs (doubly good as my commute has more than doubled recently)
£30 tax
Cheaper insurance
Cool flip-screen
Did I mention £370 extra a month!?
More unique car, it's a headturner at the moment.
And of course entry to a fab forum where the members are decent normal people! (TT forum had too many members who shall I say, "had their heads up their behind". It's only a TT for chrissakes!!)
Current Car - 2009 Audi TTS

Circa May 2011 - Audi A1 S-line 1.2, Brilliant Black, 17" alloys, Comfort Pack, Parking system Plus, Technology Pack, Heated Seats, Xenon Plus, Climate Control, Folding Door Mirrors, Privacy Glass.
Swg79
A1F Major Contributor

Postby triplefan » Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 am

Swg79 wrote:TT forum had too many members who shall I say, "had their heads up their behind". It's only a TT for chrissakes!!

You should have visited the Mk1 section more :lol:
Daytona grey 1.6TDI S-Line with Xenons, 18" Rotors, connectivity pack, climate control, cruise control, auto lights and wipers, stubby aerial, retro fit armrest & rear park sensors

Cheap and Reliable is not Fast. Cheap and Fast is not Reliable. Fast and Reliable is not Cheap!

triplefan
A1F Resident

Postby Swg79 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 am

triplefan wrote:
Swg79 wrote:TT forum had too many members who shall I say, "had their heads up their behind". It's only a TT for chrissakes!!

You should have visited the Mk1 section more :lol:

triplefan, if you were a TT forum member then that wasn't a dig at you! There are 2 members, 1 in particular who were ridiculously abusive to me. You weren't one of them, unless you had a different name.
Besides I take it you had a mk1? I never visited purely because I didn't belong in their forum!
Current Car - 2009 Audi TTS

Circa May 2011 - Audi A1 S-line 1.2, Brilliant Black, 17" alloys, Comfort Pack, Parking system Plus, Technology Pack, Heated Seats, Xenon Plus, Climate Control, Folding Door Mirrors, Privacy Glass.
Swg79
A1F Major Contributor

Postby taconite2 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:57 am

Yay we are all decent :-D
Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-line
Amalfi White | 5yr service plan
Ordered Summer 2010 | Delivered A1 Launch day November 2010
taconite2
A1F Major Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)