your current car

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Re: your current car

Postby RichardD » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Had my first test drive today. 1.4 S-tronic Sport. Was pleasantly surprised with the acceleration and handling. Wouldn't say it's as firm as my Clio, will report back once I've driven an S-line.
RichardD
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Postby Steven » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

I have a 2009 Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX 5 door,it is my driving instruction car with 103000 miles,and so far no faults.
This is my second Swift the previous one did 82000 miles in 18 months with only a clutch replacement at 72k.
I have really enjoyed the Swifts but fancied a change,my girlfriend has a Mito which is great,and i considered one until i saw the A1,so i am now waiting for my TDi SE in amalfi white due march/april.I also have a 1984 MG Metro Turbo,great fun!
Steven
A1F Newbee

Postby shmee150 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 pm

A1 is to be a stablemate to the other toy:

I've just bought the Vantage Roadster to replace an Audi S5 Cabriolet, but need something a bit more suitable to driving around town sometimes and that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for boring long distance journeys!
shmee150
A1F Newbee

Postby shakeystevo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Very very nice!!!

However, looks a dangerous part of town to park it up hahaha

Andrew
1.4 TSFI S-Line
Connectivity Package / Tyre Pressure Loss Indicators / Amalfi White
shakeystevo
A1F Major Contributor

Postby madant_uk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Currently got a 2000 Audi A3 1.9TDI 110BHP in Silver
Used to have a track prepped Peugeot 205 GTI, miss the little pocket rocket :(
While i couldnt use that i used this
Hopefully it will be replaced by the new A1
A1 1.4T Sport | Amalfi White | Competition Line Interior & Exterior | Xenon Plus, Connectivity Pack, BOSE | Got It, LOVE IT!!!! :-D TMC Tuning Box | BMC OTA Custom Air Filter | Bilstein B14 Coilovers |German Number Plates | Custom Exhaust | Bonnet Bra | VW Golf Wheels In Orange Fitted With Toyo R888 Semi Slicks | 25mm Front Wheel Spacers | 35mm Rear Wheel Spacers | 22mm Uprated Front ARB | 24mm Uprated Rear ARB | Coming Soon! Liquid Gauge | TT 312mm Front Brakes
http://www.youtube.com/user/madantuk
madant_uk
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Ashkan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 am

I have a polo with just air con lol and everything to gain and absolutely nothing to lose!
Ashkan
A1F Regular

RE:

Postby Preston381 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Yeah great
Preston381
A1F Newbee

Postby au51jes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 pm

i'm currently driving an audi a2, made sense to order the a1!!!
au51jes
A1F Newbee

Postby Zero|Cool » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:24 am

I currently drive the 2009 Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI 105 HP. Great car but lacks quality, confort and handling which I hope my ordered A1 will cope. Will miss the huge bunch of extras and incomparable looks of the Ibiza though...
Here are some pics of it:

But the thing I will miss the most, is the so known "kick" of the PD diesel motor... The A1 is much more linear in matters of power deliverance which in turn contributes to less vibration more confort and less fun :mrgreen:

I ordered my A1 two weeks ago and it's due to delivery at the end of february/ first week of march :oops: As I can perceive, UK buyers take a long time to see their orders "built up" like 5 months or so. The estimated initial delivery time of my A1 was to be around 2 or 3 months but my dealer already had "service" cars in order and he kindly called the factory and swaped the configuration of one for mine :D :D Unfortunately no money left for "auto closing mirrors", tinted windows, Rimms and S line package. Nevertheless it is a sport one with amalfy white colour, 16' stock uggly rimms, bixenon+led tailights, led interior package, alarm, audi concert+connectivity package, multifunction wheel, rear parking sensors (which are being mounted in Portugal because they cost half the price with same stock pieces), light and rain sensors and auto AC.

Comparatively to the Ibiza I'm loosing:

-Glove compartment AC
-Anti light rear view mirror (sry don't know the exact name in English but I think u get the picture)
-Cornering function on fog lights
-Auto closing mirrors
-tinted windows
-front parking sensors
-object pack (whith those boxes under the seats)
-17' rimms
-and a couple more things I can't recall

I'm really excited as this is going to be my first Audi :o
I've had before a VW Polo 1.2 from 2002 and was so amazing in terms of building quality and also very confortable (I drive a lot in the city and for those of you who have ever been to Lisbon know why this is so important with all the bumps and holes (craters :mrgreen: ) which are born everyday all over the city).

Sorry for my imperfect English, any doubts please ask and I'll try to explain better :twisted:
Audi A1 1.6TDI Sport Amalfi White - Audi Concert Radio - GPS - Bluetooth - AMI - Alarm - 16' Alloys - Cruise Control - Rear Park Sensors - Light+Washer Sensors - Led package with ambience lights - Auto AC - Bixenon Headlights - LED Tail lights - Multifunction Steering Wheel
Zero|Cool
A1F Major Contributor

Postby spookuk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Traded an '07' TT 2.0 coupe FSI for my current car in March 09.

It is a phantom black 270 BHP TTS Roadster it came with xenons, leather (red) and lots of goodies as standard, but added Stronic, cruise and Ipod.

Looking to test drive the 185 BP A1 with a view to buy (needs must) will deffo miss the Quattro in snow and Ice due where I live and I'm hoping the A1 quattro will be available soon !!

Best
David

61 plate A1 185 (Build week 31)
Amalfi White, Xenon Plus, Cruise, Heated Folding Mirrors, MF S/W & Paddles, Service Plan & Ext Warranty.

Needle sweep
Dimming DLR's when indicating

Last Car:
09 TTS Roadster Stronic, Phantom Black, Black with Red panel inserts, Cruise & ipod
spookuk
A1F Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)