your current car

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

your current car

Postby RichardD » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Just wondering what car those who've ordered an A1 are driving and what you're gaining / sacrificing opting for the A1.

I'm currently driving a '05 Clio 182 (last of the old shape) and my motivation for changing is running costs. The road tax, fuel consumption, servicing and insurance should all be cheaper on the A1. I will miss the handling of the Clio especially as I have the Cup suspension option. I'm hoping I won't notice the missing sixty odd horsepower. I had been considering the Abarth 500 for almost a year but it's small boot capacity prompted me to look at what else was out there in the super mini category. Spec'd to my desires the Abarth is about five thousand less than the A1 but the high servicing, tax etc could possibly be close to that over five years anyway.
RichardD
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Re: your current car

Postby Jae » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:27 am

I drive an Audi Q5, 2.0 TFSi (211ps), S-Line

iCandi have a VW Golf GTi MKV, which the A1 will replace next month, as the Test car for the A1 Forum
A1 1.4 TFSi S-Line | Amalfi White with Daytona Gray Contrast : S-Line Interior : Panoramic Roof : Wing Mirrors in Contrast colour : Xenon Plus : LED Rear Lights : LED Interior Lights : Comfort Pack : Connectivity Pack with SD Sat Nav : Multifunction Steering Wheel : Audi Sound : Climate Control : Technology Badge Removed : 17" 5 Spoke S-Line Summer Wheels : 16" 7 Spoke Dynamic Winter Wheels
MODS: Alu OEM Pedal Covers :: 160PS TMC Tuning :: VCDS (Needle Swoop / Fog Lights on Cornering) :: Bonnet Insulation
Jae
Site Admin

Postby hilly10 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Audi A5 2.7 tdi. Astravan 1.7 sportive We are downsizing now do not need want a big car. Going to be looking for a toy, bike powered kit car or the like.
White S Line TDI Bose
hilly10
A1F Regular

Postby Nicki » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:28 am

I'm currently (and will be for a little while longer) driving around in my 2001 Lupo GTI. For those of you who don't know, it's 1.6 N/A 125bhp. I've got an early 5 speed one - the later ones were 6 speed.

Here it is:

I'll be sorry to see it go as I've grown very attached to it over the years, but its getting to the stage where it's starting to cost more & more to keep it on the road and as the cars get older and more affordable to younger drivers, they become more of a magnet for unwanted attention :(

The A1 really is about the only alternative out there at the moment - my other thought was the Mito, but I'd rather have Germany reliability than Alfa flakiness!
Nicki
A1F Major Contributor

Postby mrfaize » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 am

Deleted
Last edited by mrfaize on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrfaize
A1F Major Contributor

Postby rscrob » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I have mini cooper D (09 plate) with 74k miles using it for driving tuition.
This is my 4th mini so this is big step for me to try something different.
I try to always look to have diff car from other ADIs so hoping 1.6 td S line does this for me.
The only concern for me will be less power and handling compared to mini, the top gear report bit harsh !!
Love the looks of A1 so hope that along with Audi class will win me over and hopefully reliability.
rscrob
A1F Newbee

Postby John H » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm

The A1 will be my wife's car, and is replacing a Mk 5 Golf 1.4S which we have already sold. My wife wanted a smaller car this time around, as the Golf just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and after looking at umpteen cars, the A1 fit the bill best.

Me? ... I presently have three cars; An Audi A2 TDi which is my sensible car, a Porsche Cayman which is my good car, and a Mazda MX5 Mk 1 (actually a Eunos Roadster) as my motorbike substitute.

;)
John H
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Nicki » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Do you take the MX5 on track days? That's what I'd have ;)
Nicki
A1F Major Contributor

Postby John H » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Nicki wrote:Do you take the MX5 on track days? That's what I'd have ;)

The MX5 is 20 years old, and while it is not fragile, it would seem a bit too much like punishment to track it, so I just use it for pootling about in the sunshine.
John H
A1F Major Contributor

Postby Jammyd » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:32 pm

My little car is a Scirocco GT, Still trying to convice the misses she wants an A1
Jammyd
A1F Regular

Next

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)