Polo GTi

Discuss other models in the Audi range, or other Marques

Polo GTi

Postby Mojito » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Maybe the Audi residuals are expected to be better hence the lower payments pcp wise?
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Advertisement

Polo GTi

Postby scottBremner » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Mojito wrote:Maybe the Audi residuals are expected to be better hence the lower payments pcp wise?

Yeah I thought that may be the case as its an Audi, but the polo is a GTi. Both quite iconic names.

I thought the A1 185 would have fairly poor residuals as it isn't really distinguished from the rest of the range like the Gti is. And when the S1 arrives it'll be sitting in a strange place within the range.
2011/99g
1.6 TDI Sport
scottBremner
A1F Major Contributor

Polo GTi

Postby Mojito » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Wait for the S1 imo! Could be announced within the next few weeks!
370PS MK7 Golf R | 5dr | Pure White | Mobius Dashcams's | Private Plate
2.0 TDI Black Edition | Glacier White Metallic | Bose | 5yr Service Plan
1.6 TDI S-Line | Amalfi White | Xenons | Comfort Pack | 5yr Service Plan
Mojito
A1F Resident

Re: Polo GTi

Postby ROO » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:00 am

A friend has just swopped his DS3 for an 11 plate Polo GTi. He's not impressed at all, especially with the fuel economy, oil consumption (done 1L in 1000 miles), dsg isn't intelligent enough. Says it won't last long...
Sold: 2012 Daytona A1 Black Edition TDI / 5 year service plan / Averaged 55mpg first 6900 miles
Now drives: 2012 UP!
ROO
A1F Major Contributor

Re: Polo GTi

Postby daydotz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 pm

ROO wrote:A friend has just swopped his DS3 for an 11 plate Polo GTi. He's not impressed at all, especially with the fuel economy, oil consumption (done 1L in 1000 miles), dsg isn't intelligent enough. Says it won't last long...

ive no complaints with fuel consumption 37-44mpg(brim to brim) :lol:
daydotz
A1F Resident

Polo GTi

Postby cathorpe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm

scottBremner wrote:
Mojito wrote:Maybe the Audi residuals are expected to be better hence the lower payments pcp wise?

Yeah I thought that may be the case as its an Audi, but the polo is a GTi. Both quite iconic names.

I thought the A1 185 would have fairly poor residuals as it isn't really distinguished from the rest of the range like the Gti is. And when the S1 arrives it'll be sitting in a strange place within the range.

Audi's, model for model always seem to hold better residuals than VW.
Proud owner of a 1.6Tdi S-Line | scuba blue | super sport seats | silk nappa leather | bose | comfort pack | climate control | bluetooth low prep | storage pack | technology pack | tyre pressure monitor | xenon | 18" 7 arm alloys
cathorpe
A1F Major Contributor

Polo GTi

Postby scottBremner » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks fr the replies guys.

Yeah I thought the Audi would have better residuals. Although this doesn't really seem to be reflected in the pcps which I thought it would.

I think the polo is looking like it will be the next car for me, the 185 BE seems quite pricey on pcp anyway. As lovely as it is.
2011/99g
1.6 TDI Sport
scottBremner
A1F Major Contributor

Polo GTi

Postby scottBremner » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:39 am

Well after looking into the polo a little more.

They just don't seem very visually exciting. The engine and fancy gearbox get me going but apart from that a little bland maybe.

So went in to seat, to look chat about the new Ibiza Cupra. Seems it should be here in a few months to order hopefully.

Also it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the VW and Audi. It's missing some kit the the A1 has but the saving is pretty large.

I'll try keep this thread updated with my finding etc.
2011/99g
1.6 TDI Sport
scottBremner
A1F Major Contributor

Previous

Return to Other Marques (inc' other Audi!)