Audi A1 Forum banner

Water in tailgate

17K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  TDI-line 
#1 ·
Hi all,

since my purchase about 3 months ago, i have recently noticed water has entered into my tailgate. :cry:

Each time i open the boot i can hear the water run from top to bottom, and leak through various plastic grommits on the tailgate. And then when i close the boot, it runs from bottom to top.

It has got worse this week with the heavy rain, and i can now hear the wate slosh when i corner.

The car is booked in with my local dealer next week.

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this, and maybe point out to the Audi Tech's what the problem is. :lol:

Thanks,

Dan.

#2 ·
There are a number of posts on here about this - the leak appears to be around the tail lights on the hatch if I remember rightly.

#5 ·
Does sound like a dodgy light seal Dan!

Let us know what happens.

P.S
The new BE is on the drive! ;)

#6 ·
Mojito said:

P.S
Cheers Mo.

I bet your very happy now, well not that you wasn't happy before, i'll stop there.

Btw, did i see you this afternoon near Yaxley - Glacier BE. :mrgreen:

#7 ·
TDI-line said:
when i close the boot, it runs from bottom to top.
Cool, gravity defying water, is it leaking from an alternate dimension :roll:

Sorry, I'll get my coat.....

#8 ·
TDI-line said:
Mojito said:

P.S
Cheers Mo.

I bet your very happy now, well not that you wasn't happy before, i'll stop there.

Yes! I did see you Dan!

I said to the wife, Dan from the forum lives there then you drove past me LOL, i flashed my hazards back!

Was heading down the A1 to Central London

#9 ·
Mojito said:
TDI-line said:
Mojito said:

P.S
Cheers Mo.

Yes! I did see you Dan!

I said to the wife, Dan from the forum lives there then you drove past me LOL, i flashed my hazards back!

Nice one, i did see the hazard's flash. :D I then looked for my hazard switch as i realised i had never used it. :lol:

We'll have to meet up soon for a good look.

#10 ·
triplefan said:
TDI-line said:
when i close the boot, it runs from bottom to top.
Cool, gravity defying water, is it leaking from an alternate dimension :roll:

Sorry, I'll get my coat.....
Hey, i've got keep them Audi tech's on there toes, and there lending me an A5 coupe S-line 3.0T Quattro for the week, so i need to drag it out. :twisted:

#11 ·
TDI-line said:
Mojito said:
TDI-line said:
Mojito said:

P.S
Cheers Mo.

Yes! I did see you Dan!

Nice one, i did see the hazard's flash. :D I then looked for my hazard switch as i realised i had never used it. :lol:

We'll have to meet up soon for a good look.
haha, yes we will hook up, when the bad weather disappears!

#19 ·
andsogg said:
TDI-line said:
andsogg said:
Ahhhh bromance brought together by a1. :lol: :lol:
Hey moj are you posting piccys of new n....
Lol, don't be jel. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I find it mists more if left on recycle on climate when turning back on but nothing major.
Ahh, i always have it on climate.

Well off she goes to the Stealers today. :eek:

#20 ·
Quick update, my dealer have confirmed that water is getting in to the tailgate. :lol:

But feel that there is a design fault into the triple skinned tailgate it self, Audi HQ have authorized the replacement of the whole tailgate and 2 new rear light clusters. They have had the car since the 1st of May and have dried out the whole tailgate and done extensive pressure testing over the last 10 days or so. They have been 1st class with there communiction and how they have dealt with this.

On the upside, i have been driving there nice warranty car, a 12 plate new shape A5 Coupe 3.00TDI Quattro, which is friggin awesome. Best test drive i have ever had, and may have to consider an A4 Avant 3.00 TDI next time. :mrgreen:

Funny though, it smells of burning engine each time i drive it. :lol:

#21 ·
Good news mates!

Oooh id love a new A5 3.0TDI :D

The burning thing... Your driving or the DPF filter? :lol:

How does the A5 compare to your 185 in power?

#26 ·
Mojito said:
Good news mates!

Oooh id love a new A5 3.0TDI :D

The burning thing... Your driving or the DPF filter? :lol:

How does the A5 compare to your 185 in power?
Mo, the 3.00 TDIQ performance wise is probably quite similiar. Both slip up to 100 ahem quite rapidly, and both have a little lag at times. I do feel the A5 does suffer from quite bad oversteer and unlike my A1, there is no sparkle. :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.