Audi A1 Forum banner

A1F's 1.4 TFSi is now TMC'd - circa 160PS

23K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  Nankai 
#1 ·
We received today the TMC box for the A1. Have to say, its bloody easy to install, which was a good job as its chuffing cold in Munich today! 4 bolts to undo, 3 cables to change over to the new loom, fix power, fix ECU (1 cable tie). Job done. It seriously took no more than 10 minutes!

Ive only been out briefly, but it has made the car more eager. I will take a look at warm performance later and also look at economy too over the coming weeks.

#3 ·
Cool. Can't wait to get mine. And the car lol. Being built this week lol. Im coming out to Munich in March for Cemtral Launch Training for the A7 and new A6

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3circled.png

photo4.JPG

Attachments

#6 ·
Ill be filling her up with either Vpower 100 or Aral(BP) 102 and see what we get. Fun fun fun :)

#7 ·
Looking forward to back to back test times and MPG.

If it is working well you should really notice the differance and i hope better MPG. driving normal.
The 1.4 s-tronic i drove saturday felt very quick to 0 to 80mph then it seemed to drop off which confirms my figures to the ibiza Cupra.
I have worked out our Cupra. does 0 to 60 in 6.9 sec and 0 to 100 16.0 sec 180 BHP 140 MPH MAX
The 1.4 s-tronic is 0 to 60 in 8.9 and 0 to 100 in 23 sec. 122 BHP 126 MPH MAX.
You can see after 60 MPH it starts to run out of puff a little bit.in standard form, but the A1 is no slouch by any means.
Very nice to drive

It would also be nice to know what the top end will do now, they can test that in germany, or on a track.
i would guess about. 135 MPH MAX

If they can get 160 Bhp out of this one then with it being a little lower and a little lighter than the Cupra, there should not be much of a differance at all really. UP TO 100 MPH anyway.

The test times will prove if i am close or not, i cannot wait to see the outcome.

#9 ·
VPower 95 is what we've been filling with to date. ill run the tank down before next fill, so that its quicker to "learn" the 100RON.

#13 ·
As yet, no. Didn't drive it yesterday, nor today :(. The roads are bloody cold so there is no grip to even try a 0-60! We have +11 over the weekend so will see what we can do then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Right off to do a 0-100 (0-62). Watch this space :)

#18 ·
Mpg will do on the next fill. Btw running 95 Ron VPower

#19 ·
Winter tyres and 16 degrees - traction is terrible. 9.2!!!

#21 ·
Given up. Winter tyres lose their traction at 7 degrees and the wheels are spinning when accelerating hard. 9.2 is positive with the power, so I'll hand over to others who have summer fatter tyres on (I will have to wait until at least end of march!)

#22 ·
But I have to say, the TMC box vastly improves the performance and responsiveness. Feels like the old GTi now!

We have a box fir the Q5 ordered off the back of this, that's a quattro with fat 20" wheels, so will see the difference on that when it arrives next week...

#24 ·
Not wishing to upset anyone.
But it would of been better if this TMC box had been given to someone in a country with better weather, that had the standard tyres on, we would know by now how it performs, because there are going to be so many versions of this mod to check before many of us make our final decision.on wether it would be worth getting these mods.
Some people are looking for more power, some are looking for better MPG, and some want the best of both worlds.
Again no offence intended , but shame we have to wait so long for accurate results.

#25 ·
GPL said:
Not wishing to upset anyone.
But it would of been better if this TMC box had been given to someone in a country with better weather, that had the standard tyres on, we would know by now how it performs, because there are going to be so many versions of this mod to check before many of us make our final decision.on wether it would be worth getting these mods.
Some people are looking for more power, some are looking for better MPG, and some want the best of both worlds.
Again no offence intended , but shame we have to wait so long for accurate results.
This customer is in UK and fitted and tested one:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=887

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.