A1 Handling

Discuss the A1 in depth here

Re: A1 Handling

Postby Scottie_N » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Mine handles like it's on rails. The only thing letting it down currently are the standard tyres which are pretty crappy in the wet...

I'm currently running KW V2 Coilovers, Ultra Racing upper strut brace and lower front bar/member brace. Going to upgrade my arbs and bushes sometime this year...
Stage 2 A1 S Line - 2013 Reg - Brilliant black, Black styling pack, Privacy glass, Connectivity pack
Circa 180bhp

Modifications:
AirRex front struts
Firestone rear bags & AirRex rear struts
AirRex Digital Air System Management
VMaxx Adjustable drop links
Audi 80/90 top mounts, bearings
Hubcentric spacers - 20mm rear, 15mm front
Wheels Refurbed gloss black
Stage 2 remapping by Motech Performance
Carbonspeed enclosed induction kit
Miltek turbo-back non-resonated exhaust
Forge Blow Off Valve
Forge Washer Cover
Red AMI Lead
dewipered, debadged, deeverythinged
Gloss black audi emblems
Scottie_N
A1F Major Contributor

Advertisement

Re: A1 Handling

Postby spaceprobe » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 am

I have had my 1.4 sport auto for just under 2 weeks. I traded in my much loved 2.5 tdi A4. So the A4 was big and comfy which I used to describe as putting on ones favourite pair of shoes . Not going to set the world alight but was just a nice place to be that did every thing well. Went to see friends the other night 60 miles away through the twisty country lanes of the Sussex countryside. I found myself throwing it into bends with a big grin on my face, a bit like a go kart, perhaps but great fun, i was more concerned about my driving skills than the cars ability to handle it. One of the best things for me was the very supportive seats on the A1 sport. I used to slide all over the place on the A4's leather seats but am held securely and comfortably in place on the A1. Sad to see the A4 go (it felt like an old friend) but no regrets.
spaceprobe
A1F Newbee

Previous

Return to The Audi A1 Forum