Rear Fog Light Question

Discuss the A1 in depth here

Rear Fog Light Question

Postby DMEX » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm

I apologise if this is has already been posted.
My car has two rear fog lights and I only want the left one to illuminate. If I simply pull the right bulb, will this bring up a fault code? If de-activation is a VCDS fix, can someone tell me the procedure?
1,4TFSI - Azul Muchacha/Black Heart, Daytime Running Lights (light switch actuated after sunrise), Rain Sensors (eyes), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (air gauge in glove box), Hill Holder (hand brake), Side Air Bag (Wife in passenger seat).
Old Skool Dropout - Why doesn't Audi offer manual wind-up windows?
DMEX
A1F Regular

Advertisement

Re: Rear Fog Light Question

Postby Kaiser Soze » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm

It will bring the code up yes, how you clear I don't know and why would you only want the left one for??
A1 1.4 TFSI S Line • Misano Red • 18" Twin 7's • LED Interior Light Pack
VCDS Modifications • Needle Swoosh • Fog Light Turning • Hill Hold Assist • Seat Belt Tone Silenced • (Failed) Dip To Reverse

Other Modifications • Plastidip Front Grill (Matt Black) • Full Front HID Light Upgrade inc. DRL's and Number Plate Lights

My Bulb Replacement Thread
Kaiser Soze
A1F Resident

Postby Stu » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

It used to be possible with A5 platform cars, (Golf 5 / Octavia / Leon etc) which only had one fog light enabled, to enable the second with VCDS so it may be worth investigating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Stu.

VCDS Hex+CAN

On Order - BMW 125d M Sport 5 Door Business Professional, M Sport Plus Pack + Toys.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line S-Tronic quattro. (Now Sold)
VW T5 California Berghaus Limited Edition 180 Bi Turbo.
VW Golf 6 Bluemotion TechPlus 143 TDi.

GX13 ZPZ - A1 1.4 (185) S-Line Black Edition S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Bose, Phone Prep High, Advanced Key, Parking Plus, Comfort Pack, DAB, Folding Mirrors, Arm Rest, Luggage Pack, Rear Mats. Rejected & Refunded
Stu
A1F Major Contributor

Postby DMEX » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 am

I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new Laptop and do some experimenting. This is the first car I have had which had both lights activated. Thanks.
1,4TFSI - Azul Muchacha/Black Heart, Daytime Running Lights (light switch actuated after sunrise), Rain Sensors (eyes), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (air gauge in glove box), Hill Holder (hand brake), Side Air Bag (Wife in passenger seat).
DMEX
A1F Regular

Postby AudiDoDee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

DMEX wrote:I apologise if this is has already been posted.
My car has two rear fog lights and I only want the left one to illuminate. If I simply pull the right bulb, will this bring up a fault code? If de-activation is a VCDS fix, can someone tell me the procedure?

Good question - Why? do you only want one. They are only there for increased visibilty - with 2 they will see you.
I'm just intrigued - :?
On my wifes Eunos it has one in the middle and the club does a mod to to fit 2 in the cluster.

AudiDoDee
AudiDoDee
A1F Major Contributor

Postby DMEX » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Because two drown out the brake lights.
DMEX
A1F Regular

Postby Kaiser Soze » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 pm

DMEX wrote:Because two drown out the brake lights.

Really?? That's a new one :lol: Shouldn't matter as you have a strip in the rear window.
A1 1.4 TFSI S Line • Misano Red • 18" Twin 7's • LED Interior Light Pack
VCDS Modifications • Needle Swoosh • Fog Light Turning • Hill Hold Assist • Seat Belt Tone Silenced • (Failed) Dip To Reverse

Other Modifications • Plastidip Front Grill (Matt Black) • Full Front HID Light Upgrade inc. DRL's and Number Plate Lights

My Bulb Replacement Thread
Kaiser Soze
A1F Resident

Postby DMEX » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Having driven behind cars kicking up a mist in the rain, some with one rear fog and others with two, the ones with one light are easier to notice when they brake.
DMEX
A1F Regular

Postby Nomads » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Just be careful- there is an irony that you may well void your insurance if anyone noted that one of your fogs was out in the case of an accident (I'm not talking about the 'modification' argument, but one where you've disabled a safety aspect of your car. I'm sure you'd have considered this :)
Brilliant Black A1 1.4 TFSI (185)
Centre-armrest
BOSE sound
Xenon upgrade
Connectivity pack
SD Satnav
Nomads
A1F Regular

Postby p3asa » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 pm

DMEX wrote:Having driven behind cars kicking up a mist in the rain, some with one rear fog and others with two, the ones with one light are easier to notice when they brake.

:?: :?: But they are for fog not rain!! the more light the better. That is what they were designed for and as someone else has said, your middle brake light should sort the braking issue out!
p3asa
A1F Resident

Next

Return to The Audi A1 Forum