Audi A1 Forum banner

How to remove wing mirror covers?

12K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Nipz 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Just wondered if anyone knew how to take the wing mirror covers off? I am going to wrap them in either Matt black or carbon vinyl.

Think I remember someone mentioned it but can't find it now I need it.

#4 ·
Nipz, you had an earlier post on how to remove the mirror glass - does this make it easier to remove the cover?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1431&p=12156&hilit=mirror#p12156

When a deer hit the mirror on my Golf, which has very similar mirrors, the cover just popped off - no screws

#5 ·
Chelmersteve said:
Nipz, you had an earlier post on how to remove the mirror glass - does this make it easier to remove the cover?
http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewt ... ror#p12156

When a deer hit the mirror on my Golf, which has very similar mirrors, the cover just popped off - no screws
I think that was the post i was looking for :) thanks for that!

The glass will just pop out, but the cover looks like it is held of with screws. I will see if i have the balls to try tomorrow.

#6 ·
Ok well after finding out online its only £20 for the glass i have just been out to pull it and lever it around and cracked the glass in the process! Doh. Well its not as easy as people think...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.