Audi A1 Forum banner

Peugeout 207gti (175 bhp) or Mazda rx8 (190 bhp)

11K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Mojito 
#1 ·
I have to buy a new car in October and was just wonder on people experiences and opinions with them other car suggestions are welcome

#3 ·
I had an RX-8 (231 bhp) for three years when they were first launched. I loved it and it was fast, practical and reliable. Yes, it drank fuel (18-25 mpg) and you need to stay on top of the oil consumption. However, I wouldn't touch a second hand one now - they are fragile engines that don't wear age well. The Pug may not carry the caché of a RWD sports coupé but they generally have good chassis and decent engines.

I'm not saying you can't find a good RX-8, but you can easily find a money pit.

#4 ·
207 gti engines are crap! Owned a basic 1.4 but the owners club (207oc) was nothing full of nothing but turbo failure!!

A nice rx8 will be much better. Running/servicing costs are much higher but i bet it will be much more rewarding to drive.

#5 ·
Yes, it is a rewarding drive but even as a fan of them I would recommend extreme caution. Take a look at the owners club forum for tales of engine failures and other woes.

I was one of the early owners; when you bought one new in the first year or so you got a free "performance driving day" at the Prodrive proving ground in Warwickshire. 'Twas fun! :mrgreen:

#6 ·
Doesn't sound like either of them are particularly good then. I'm 23 with a clean license with 6 years no claims and I got 5k to spend what would people suggest? Would love another Audi but their so expensive even second hand

#9 ·
I would seriously struggle to say to go with either car. As above, a MCS is a good choice - they are great cars.

#12 ·
No it will be my only car so kinda practical but not fantastically practical as don't really need a lot of room. S2000 would be quite nice I guess. It's just the choice of cars is so hard to find a decent one can't find an a3 with less than 100k on the clock for that money either

#14 ·
Nc35 said:
Or a Porsche Cayman Gen 1 are cheap as chips.
Out of Porsche warranty so independent servicing is cheap too.
Wouldn't go back to a MCS you will regret it for the bumps bangs and endless rattles.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
He ain't going to get a Cayman for ÂŁ5k, Boxster maybe, but not a Cayman.The Boxster isn't a bad choice tbh as long as you live with the prospect of having to get a new engine if it goes bang.

#17 ·
Ashleypearce said:
Thinking of getting an s1 now as it won't be anymore a month than I'm already paying. Opinions on the s1? I'm going down Saturday to confirm details spec and pricing
I think we are going to order a S1 Sportback, it will be the wifes first car lol.

Not sure on colour yet

#19 ·
Ashleypearce said:
I'm going down to Poole Audi to sort it out I want sprint blue but am not paying nearly 2k for that haha can't wait just hope insurance isn't hirrific
Sepang Blue should be free?

#21 ·
Ashleypearce said:
What's that like? Because I don't want it too dark I'll have a look sat also really want Bose is it worth it?
Very similar, it is a pearl colour.

I had a Sprint blue Audi it is nice, but not at ÂŁ2k. Sepang should be a free colour on the S1.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sepang and Scuba A1's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045067.729010.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045072.610640.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045077.626039.jpg

Attachments

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sepang and Scuba A1's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045091.627070.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045096.210697.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045101.524177.jpg

Attachments

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sepang and Scuba A1's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045114.042860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045117.975959.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394045121.328826.jpg

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.